7

"I don't want to do this," Jeremy mumbled as he left Spencer's gifts with a bottle of red mountain dew. Squip sighed. 

"Listen, I know you don't want to do this. But you have to save him and everyone else who has been affected." Squip said as he put his hand on Jeremy's shoulder. Jeremy looked down at the drink. 

"Should I drink it now?" He asked. 

"Do you want to?"

"No."

"Then don't. Not yet. Why don't we go back home? Get you to relax." Squip suggested. Jeremy nodded. He could use all the relaxation he could get. 

He had a hard time falling asleep that night. He knew what he was about to do would be the right thing, but...

He couldn't lose his little nerd.

The next day, he packed the mountain dew red in his backpack. Squip sighed. 
"Don't be so distressed. I trust that everything will be fine. In fact, I know it'll be fine." He assured Jeremy. 

"Not for me," Jeremy mumbled.

"I know you don't believe it'll be fine, but you have to have trust in me. I've told you a million times already, I'll still be a part of you even after I'm gone." Squip said.  Jeremy only grunted in response. 

"I'll drink it at lunch." Jeremy decided. Squip nodded. 

Up until lunch, it was hard to concentrate on school for Jeremy. 

When lunch came, he found a private corner of the lunchroom. Not that that was hard, of course.

Damn Rich's Squip. 

Of course, it knew what was going to happen. Of course, it would take control of Rich. 

"So, I guess it's actually going to happen. Right now." Jeremy said. Squip nodded and put his hand on Jeremy's.

"It'll be okay. Drink." Squip ordered. Jeremy nodded. 

"I'm going to miss you so freaking much," Jeremy said before opening the soda. 

"I'm going to miss you too," Squip admitted. Just as Jeremy was about to take a sip, someone stopped him by holding his arm. 

"Stop. You don't want to do that." Rich said. Jeremy tried pulling his arm away, but Rich's grip was surprisingly strong. When Jeremy looked closely, he saw that Rich's eyes were a startling blue. Like, they were literally glowing. 

"I know I don't want to, but I have to," Jeremy said. Rich smiled, but it wasn't a normal smile. It was twisted, demented. Like it wasn't his. 

"You don't have to. You can let everyone be happy. Just look around." He said. Jeremy looked around and saw that most of the cafeteria was standing, they're eyes glowing just as fiercely as Rich's. They all closed in on Jeremy. 

"I just feel so connected to you right now." They all said at the same time. 

Jeremy ripped his arm away from Rich and backed up against the wall. How did this happen so fast?

"Maybe... Maybe he's right. Maybe I don't need to drink this." Jeremy said. Squip shook his head. 

"You don't want to do that, Jeremy." He told him. 

"Why not?"

"Because then you'll never be with him!" Squip shouted, pointing at Michael. Jeremy held his breath. Michael was smiling blissfully like he didn't have a care in the world.

Before anybody could react, Jeremy took a big swig of the mountain dew red. 

Jeremy felt the whole spinning around him and his vision was blacking in and out.
He let out a scream and fell to the floor at the same time as everybody else. 

Before he fell completely unconsious, he saw Squip fading away.

Then, everything went black.