[ 02 ] he's not you

02 ‣  TYLER BATE —    ❝Hey, just because you hang out with Seth Rollins a lot, doesn't mean you get to do what he does

02 ‣  TYLER BATE — ❝Hey, just because you hang out with Seth Rollins a lot, doesn't mean you get to do what he does.❞

★ 
  ★   

THREE WEEKS LATER

❝What the hell was that?❞ Sasha spat at Tyler as he came from the ring past the backstage curtains out of breath, and disoriented. His heart strings twinged at her cold response, only because it had been an entire week since he'd last seen her.

   Seven days wasn't an awfully long break, but taking that they had been alongside each other (for what felt like every minute of their days) for a bit over a month, the distance felt eternal.

   Spending so much time together through match rehearsals, creative meetings, and even media duties, it was natural that they'd be fed up with one another.

   Every few days, Sasha would grow fed up with Tyler's non-stop blabbering about being vegan. It would drive her even more insane when he'd try coaxing her into his food life style. 

   ❝I like meat, and I like my steak extra bloody.❞ Sasha would argue as he'd judge her for speaking so harshly on his diet without even giving it a try. 

   As Sasha would grow frustrated with him, Tyler would also grow annoyed with Sasha's incessant need to talk about anime, and k-pop all day long. Every day, Banks would attempt to have sit read her favorite manga. If she wasn't trying to shove it down his throat, than Sasha would be connected to her phone's FaceTime.

   Tyler had sat through air flights next to Sasha, which he wouldn't mind she wasn't blabbering non-stop incoherent noises with Bayley. 

   He understood that the two were practically sisters, but sometimes, their squeals could get to be a little too much. Especially in the early morning hour flights when he was trying to catch up on sleep.

   He'd never admit it, but as Tyler looked at Sasha, arched brow, hips on hands and all, he actually missed her.

   Anime freak, k-pop fanatic, Bayleyholic, and all the little cracks in between that could sometimes forge a wedge between the two, he missed having her company.

   Being on the road was no easy life. Despite the paid for flights and luxurious resorts they'd sometimes get booked in, the physical labor they put in the ring could take a toll on more than the body.

   Tyler hated to admit it, but sometimes his age did factor in the reason for his constant emotion of feeling home-sick.

   He was only twenty years old, and there wasn't a day that went by that someone didn't remind him of it. It wasn't just the people, it was himself too.

   At times, scrolling through his Instagram feed was almost torturous because he'd see all his mates having the type of life that was expected for a twenty year old to have. His best lads and lasses were off in school, pursing degrees they were passionate about.