You (Dazai x Reader)

Happy birthday Dazai! I wish there was someone as funny and dorky like you in real life :) and guys do you know the song called 'You' ? That song inspired me to write this ^^

Edited ♡

~~~

You woke up feeling extra excited than usual.

It was your boyfriend's birthday today and you knew about this special day about a week ago and the members of the Agency wanted to do something special for the suicidal dork.

So while he was out doing something urgent, it was a perfect opportunity to decorate the place and make it look like a birthday party.

You helped Naomi, Kyouka and Ranpo make his favorite chocolate cake. The others decorated the place with confetti and balloons. With gifts along with that.

Why were you putting so much effort in this?

Because he wants just an ordinary person. He was special to you, and everybody else.

You give me hope,
The strength, that will keep on;
No one else can make me feel this way

Dazai came back after a short while. You quietly closed the lights and waited for him. You could hear the footsteps getting louder and knew it was him.

"Guys?" Dazai slowly opened the door,the room was filled with darkness for a second, before turning on the light making Dazai blinded for a quick second, finally looking up to see his subordinates and the brightly lit and decorated room.

"Happy Birthday, Dazai~!"

They all cheered happily with big smiles on their faces.

Dazai had this feeling inside of him. It made him felt really happy. He never thought that they would do something like this, but nonetheless his reply to everyone was nothing but a small smile and a simple "Thank you"

He felt like crying tears of joy but he held it in and just enjoyed the surprises that was made for him.

And only you can bring out the best I can do;
I believe you turn the tide
And make me feel really good inside

After Dazai blew his candles, He didn't make a wish just yet. He said that he wanted to keep it to himself. As much you want to know about it, his opinion was respected.

"Happy Birthday, Dazai~" You sang and gave him a sliced cake.

"Thanks, (F/n)~!" He thanked you and tasted the delicious thing.

(Time skip)

The day soon ended and the party. Dazai thanked everyone for the party and invited tou to come stay at his apartment.

~~

The sky slowly started turning grey and dark, rain drops started falling streaming down the windows, luckily the two of you made it in time just before the rain started.

You sat down on his comfy bed, waiting for him to come out of the bathroom. Relaxing your tired eyes, that wanted a moment of peace and silence.

You felt someone hug you from behind, slim yet strong arms wrapped around your waist. Dazai buried his face in your hair. A soft giggle escaping you as his lips trailed down to your neck leaving small kisses.

You pushed me up
When I'm about to give up;
You're on my side when no one seems to listen
And if you go,
You know the tears can't help but show
You'll break this heart and tear it apart
Then suddenly the madness goes away

Dazai couldn't help but feel a little nostalgic today. He didn't know why, but he could somehow remember his past self when he still worked as an Executive in the Port Mafia. He was lonely back then, even if he seemed happy and cheerful all the time, in reality he felt alone.

He felt empty inside. He felt like nobody could fill that empty hole he had.

But there was you.

It's your smile
Your face, your lips that I miss
The sweet little eyes that stare at me and make me stay
I'm with you through all the way

Your (Eye colored) eyes met Dazai's brown ones. He returned your gaze, looking at you with eyes filled with pure adoration.

Cause it's you
Who fills the emptiness in me
It changes everything, you see
When I know I've got you with me

"..hey, (F/n)? Do you want to hear my wish..?"

"Sure, if it's fine with you."

"I could have wished for a lot of things but right now, I simply wish to always remain by your side. I want us to continue finding happiness together."

His only wish was you.

For once in his life, He didn't feel like trying to commit suicide. He gave up that dream long ago when he met you and you knew that you weren't going to see him hang himself any time soon.

You push me up
When I'm about to give up
You're on my side when no one seems to listen
And if you go,
You know the tears can't help but show
You'll break this heart and tear it apart
Then suddenly the madness stops

You pressed your forehead against his and lovingly caressed his cheek. He pulled you closer and murmured.

"I love you, (F/n)..."

"I love you too and happy birthday, Dazai..."

~~~