Taste (Ranpo x Vampire!Reader)

I'm so sorry for not updating in like almost a year. I've been really busy with a lot of things 😓

~~~

Requested by:@suicidaldadzai

In this Era, fairies, elves, werewolves and mythical creatures were regarded as "fantasy".

But little did they know, these creatures existed. Especially vampires...

You are one of them. Yes, you are one of those blood sucking creatures with sharp fangs and abnormal strength. You rarely drank blood but it didn't mean you weren't attracted to it.

What's it like being a vampire? It was difficult and cruel.

"Monster!"

After an unfortunate incident happened when you were young. You swore to never get close to anyone, to save you from all the hurt and pain.

Till now that hasn't changed and you decided to keep it that way.

***
Ranpo Edogawa. Something was odd whenever you were close to him, you were somehow attracted to him.

You didn't know if you were attracted to him because of simply who he is, or his blood. After all, vampires are attracted to people with sweet blood.

"R-Ranpo.."

The young man just wanted to get to know you. So how did he end up in this situation?

With you on top of him and pinning him down to the floor. Face dangerously close to his neck, he could practically feel your hot breath. His squinted eyes slightly opened in shock, as he was very confused.

You on the other hand had no idea what you were doing, it is as if your body was controlling and moving on its own. You had no idea you were about to sink your teeth into his neck.

"(L/n)-san."

Your gaze fell to his face, he was smirking..?!

Was he actually enjoying it?!

At that moment you were brought back to reality, face red because of embarrassment and guilt. You quickly shoved him away before you could do anything else.

You felt guilty for if you had not been careful, you could have sucked the life out of him.

"I'm so sorry!"

"Are you back to your senses?" he asked.

"Y-Yes..."

"I knew you liked me, but I didn't know you were so horny and couldn't hold it in much longer, so you took it out on me." He says with a sly grin growing on his face. (what in the actual hell Ranpo xD)

"Th-That's not-!" You struggled to find the right words to say. What could you say? 'I'm a vampire and I'm attracted to your blood.' Either someone would believe you or go crazy.

"Anyway, please forget about what happened!"

You left the room leaving the detective confused.

Aahhh! Stupid Ranpo! He didn't had to say something so embarrassing like that!

You were still blushing like crazy, you couldn't concentrate since you kept recalling what happened.

~~~

'Did Ranpo tell anyone by chance? He wouldn't..'

"Are you okay (L/n)-san?" asked a worried Atsushi.

"Your ears are red." Yosano noted.

"Did something happen?" Dazai said.

"Nothing happened. I'm going to..get some fresh air." You stood up and excuse yourself.

"She's been acting weird," Atsushi said.

"Hasn't she always been weird?" All eyes laid on Ranpo, he was wearing his glasses. Something that he doesn't do unless there's a mystery to solve.

But there was a mystery to solve...

"I think she's pretty normal." Said Kunikida.

"But isn't it strange how she always prefers to be alone? How she never eats anything? Or how she hates bright objects and always sets her brightness to the lowest setting."

"y-you're starting to sound like a stalker, Ranpo-san.."

"You've been watching her for a while now. Is she that strange to you?"

"..she's just...interesting."

~~~

"(F/n)!"

Ah, there he is again. The detective with his cheeky smile. What does he want this time?

"I wanted to talk to you."

"If this is about a while ago, I already told you, just forget about it. It doesn't mean any-"

"I have something to ask you," he cut you off before continuing, "Are you a vampire?"

You froze, h-how did he-?

"Wh-What makes you say that..?" You asked nervously, but you were trying so hard not to make it obvious.

"It took me a while to figure out, but I know. You can't hide it."

"Why were you hiding it from me, your secret I mean?"

"W-we'll I didn't know why I should tell you..Besides, I didn't want you to fear me and call me a monster. What are you going to do now? Report me?"

"No, of course not. I like you after all but I haven't forgiven you for pinning me down."

"What do you want then..?"

Ranpo lifts his hand and trails his fingers on your lips..starting intently at your teeth- or fangs you could say.

"This." Before you could react, he set his lips on yours.

His lips were tastier than blood.

~~~