Don't Wanna Cry (Dazai x Reader)

another k-pop song fic and birthday related one-shot! the song is called 'Don't Wanna Cry' by seventeen. This is part 2 of "Don't Forget Me". a story i wrote a really long time ago.

i'm getting into so many k-pop groups recently, especially EXO, Bts, blackpink and twice. i guess you could call me an army or a once or watever you called the fandom name xD.

also, i love this song so much. it's so freakin beautiful that it wrecked me emotionally. the ironic thing is this song tells you not to cry but it makes you want to cry for no reason T__T

~~~

Its been a few years since you last seen Dazai. But you two still kept in touch even with the long distance away from each other.

Don't wanna cry
Don't wanna cry

A long distance relationship was difficult, but Dazai always made sure to call you everyday and if not, then most of the time.

Talk to me, love if I tell you I'm in love with you, would it be enough?

He wanted to keep you company and make sure you're doing well. It almost felt like he was there beside your every step.

But once the call ends, you feel empty and lonely.

I loved you once, where did you go?
Wasn't enough, so you left me?
You let go now, here I thought your love was real

It made you realize how much you missed him.

Stop playing around I know you're still there
Believed you'd come back, so I stayed right here

"Hey, Dazai." you smiled upon seeing his face pop up from the other side of the computer.

"(F/n)! Did you receive the present I sent you?!" you nodded and showed the dog plushie he sent you a few days ago for your birthday. You adored the fluffy creatures even if he hated them. He also sent you a few shirts and candy.

You were lucky to have such a sweet person like him in your life.

I know I still need you, no matter what I do
Holding back tears, till the day I see you

"Wait here for a minute!" he said and disappeared into the kitchen. Turning the light switch off, Dazai's room then turned dark.

'What's this all about?" you wondered.

Unsure of where to go, in streets I used to know
There's nothing left of me, a shell without a soul

"Happy birthday to you ♪~ Happy birthday to you ♪~" you heard a faint voice singing, getting louder as it got closer. Dazai was back, in his hands held a chocolate cake that matched with his hair.

"Happy birthday (F/n) ♪~ Happy birthday to you ♪~" he finished.

I know I still need you, oh what do I do?
Holding back tears, but now I'm drowning

"Dazai..."

"Surprise! I knew you liked chocolate cake so I bought you one. Here, have the first bite~" he teased. Damn, that cake looked good. Too bad you're not there to actually taste it. Nonetheless, just this special surprise made you very happy.

"Stop teasing me. Unless you want my "first bite" to taste like a computer." you laughed.

Sometimes I wonder if you're looking for me just as much
As I lose my mind, looking for you

"But seriously, thank you so much...Dazai.." you felt tears well up in the corners of your eyes.

"It's no problem. Wait- why are you crying?!"

"I-I just miss you so much.."

No, I don't wanna cry
Won't accept your goodbye

"I'm so sorry...I know, I chose this and I do enjoy it here, in (Country's Name). I really do but I miss you. I know that I should come visit but it's not that easy and...and.." you sobbed even harder, wiping the tears that rolled down your face.

"I'm not suppose to cry.. I don't wanna cry."

Though the tears fill my eyes
Still I don't wanna cry

Dazai's heart broke a little. "D-Don't cry, (F/n). Because if you cry..then I'll cry.."

"Idiot! I'm the one who's emotionally unstable right now!"

I'm alright
I wanna be alone tonight

"You know, the feeling are mutual. Everyday I want to kiss you, embrace you tightly in my arms. I want to tell you face to face, how much I love you." Dazai said, placing his hand flat against the screen of his laptop. You did the same and felt as if somehow, he was holding your hand right now.

I smile all the pain away
But I'm lying to myself, there's no one else

"I'm getting too emotional and I haven't even showed you my final gift yet." Chuckling, he wiped a few tears and took something out of his pocket.

"Final gift..?"

My heart just has a mind of its own
So come back, just come back, please come back

"(F/n), I know having a relationship with someone is hard and to be far away from that person is even harder. But thank you for still being there when I needed you. I know that we should wait a little longer, but I'd like to see you as soon as possible. So I've decided that...

I'll meet you soon.."

Without the other half here, how do I live as one?

Holding up a slip of paper in his hand, you realized that they were tickets.

You gasped, tears once again in your eyes but at least, they were happy tears.

"I love you so much, Dazai!"

No matter how far away, what mattered is how close you are in each other's heart.