chapter 4

=Coraline's pov.=
Score!! My first friend, and he's bigger than me so if I do get into trouble I'll have someone to back me up. Oh great that seamed like I'm using him, I'm not, it's just I am small and kinda weak.

The only reason I scared those bullies was with my voice which is soft but can be rough oddly enough. Before you ask or think about my name, yes it is from the fucked up child movie 'Coraline'.

Anyway back to school and my new friend, I like Kyle. He's nice, kinda a goofball but still nice. We had to change out of our gross sweaty clothes and head to class. Some people had still looked at me weirdly and I didn't really wanna question it.

So, heading out was a little difficult. The bullies held up the line out of the locker room because they were waiting for the girls of the class to arrive for their locker room. Me being small I got an idea and turned to Kyle to tell him my idea for escape.

"Hey, sorry, but I'm small and can get through a lot faster than you guys and I don't wanna miss my next class and, and, and...." I started to have a small panic attack thinking about missing class. Next thing I new I was stuttering away.

Kyle looked at me, then his friends and said, "yeah go ahead, we're ok here. Go so your not late to your class." For once in my life I had never been so thankful, well other than to my mom, dad, and uncle, but besides that. I quickly gave Kyle a hug and squised between everyone and started to my next class.

Wait. Did I hug Kyle?

I'm sure he thought of it as a thank you hug for not being mad about me leaving before them. At least thats what I hope he thinks it was.

I walked into my next class, my favorite class actually. Art class. It's one of the most relaxing things for me...other than music. I just can't play an instrument, so I just resorted to art. Turns out I'm really good at it.

I walked to the teachers desk to talk to the teacher but there was no teacher. I walked around the desk a little and still nothing, I turned around to find myself a seat. The teacher will probably just see that they have one extra student on and in their class.

While turning I bumped into someone and looked up to see a man in a brown suit. He had a small smile on his face, kinda heart warming and welcome. "You must be Coraline, am I wrong?"

I looked at him a little more, he has light chestnut hair and a hicky just beneath his ear. His eyes were light blue and dark blue mixed. Wait a minute, did I say hicky? Yes, yes I did.
I leaned to the left to see it more and he covered it with his hand. Oops.

"I'm guessing that's a yes, and yes I know that's there" he chuckles to me as he walks to his desk, takes a seat and starts to relax. "How'd you know I  was the new kid?" I had been a little curious as to how he knew, other than looking at his attendance list.

"Oh well that's because of this-" he says as he hands me a picture of my face with my info on it with some more papers. "-but I had heard that you were small, had black hair, and had a lovely blue eye. So my name's Mason Nicholas and for the rest of the year I will be your art teacher, nice to meet you Coraline"

"Nice to meet you too"

He looked at me and then to the table and children in his classroom than back to me. "Hm....where to put you....I'll put you next to Owen, how about that?" He said thinking than proud. "Where's....um...Owen?" I said a little lost as to not knowing anyone except Kyle.

"Oh! That's right, he's the blonde with green headphones on." he spoke as he pointed to the back of the classroom.
"Ok, thank you, Mr.Nicholas." I started to walk down to the back and started to sit and set all my stuff up. Owen, I believe his name was, looked at me with a smile and said, "Hi I'm Owen, welcome to the back of the class"

"Hi, I'm Coraline, please to meet you"