chapter 13

🌱Coraline's pov.🌱

Kyle sat there content staring angerly at me, as if I had just done something wrong. Is it because I didn't change my shirt? Did I make him mad? How could I have even done that? I haven't even done more than five things and I didn't know how to handle his friends. Is it bad that I didn't?

After another minute he got up nocked on Mr. Jane's office and said things that were out of my ear range. He then came back and grabed me by the wrist. "Come with me." The anger still written on his face. Still confused.

We had been walking into a direction that became familiar to me. We're going to the locker rooms.....wait Why? Kyle opened the doors only to face boys about the same size as him. I scanned the room to realize that the boys were football players, like all the big and mean football players. Kyle started to walk to his locker while all the boys just started at us in confusion, some with interest.

"Hey man I thought you didn't play for that team?! And I don't mean the boy, although that's part of the question!" One of them yelled our way. Kyle just huffed and started to fidle his locker, "Well of course I don't play for your team, they don't understand team work! In a team work game! Oh, yeah, it's also none of your business which team I play for dickhead!" The words from his mouth made a couple of boys giggle and laugh at there friend for being shot down.

Now was my chance to ask what he does, if he does any sports or any clubs. He just looked like he was in some sort of sport, he looked built for it too. "So...do you play a sport at all?" I made my voice only loud enough for him to hear, or so I thought. "Oh hunny, he used to play for us but lacrosse stole his heart, huh Kyle?"

Kyle turned around with even more aggression then before, it was scary. He was actually scary in that moment, looking at the guy who had talked to me. It seemed more like glaring from my angle and placing, but I could feel the anger radiating off of him. The guy then started to lean on the smaller lockers and gave Kyle a pouty face. "And now it would seem not only lacrosse has taken his heart from us..." He turned his head in my direction looking right at me with a fox like smile plastered on his face.

Kyle turned back around, but while doing so he grabed me and pulled me closer to him and whispered, "I'll tell you later. Here isn't the best place, ok?" I quickly nodded my head to awnser and then I was blind. He started to pull me around again, surely out of the locker room and into a near by bathroom. "Here you can change without anyone watching you..." He spoke and got quieter as he went. I pulled the big shirt off my face and seen why he had gotten so quiet. His face was completely red and not for anger either, he was actually emberessed.

It wans't the first time I had seen him like this, but it was way worse than when we were in the gym with the whole 'hitting his head' thing. I started to examine the shirt and noticed that it was the shirt he wore before we had to excursise in gym. He was actually giving me a shirt to wear, or you know, letting me barrow it.

I then started to take my bloody shirt off and put his clean one on. Slipping it over my head I took a deep breath and smelled his cologne. It wasn't a bad cologne and it wasn't heavily applied, probably faded from being in the locker room for a while. After putting the shirt on I turned to the mirror and seen how big it was. Half of the shirt had been sliding off my shoulder and I tried to adjust it. But it wasn't going to cooperate with me and so I just gave up trying.

This time I looked at Kyle who looked baffled and lost in thought. His eyes romed along the shirt and stopped at my shoulder. After a couple of minutes I figured he began to check me out and I started to squirm. He shook his head and directed his gaze to the floor, mumbling a sorry to me.
I started to remember that we just left the office without getting our punishment or something and how we might get into more trouble than we were already in.  "We should p-probably go b-back to the office" I stuttered. I always hated doing it, I finally thought I broke that habit but apparently not.

Kyle nodded and opened the door to the bathroom, moving out of the way to let me go first. I somehow got the courage to lean up while walking by him and pecked his cheek. After doing this I whispered a thank you and he just stood there stunned. After a couple of seconds he started to walk with a huge grin. I seen my locker and started to go to it, knowing my uncle would be taking me home after all of this I grabbed my things and shut it.

We started to make our way to the office and when we walked in his friends shot up and noticed my shirt. The brunette started to talk amongst them and I went to sit down. I'm not sure why he makes me feel so confident but he does. I just can't wait to tell my uncle about the events today and how I think I feel.