fourteen

// FOURTEEN //

As the sirens go, I try to rid myself of the fear of suffocating wind, of natural catastrophes, of our inevitable demise and of the turn out of this tornado.

Wind already is a foreign concept to my interests. I am unable to like wind. A slight breeze, I can tolerate, but with the claustrophobia mixed with the uncontrollable desire to symbolize all that is around me, inevitably, I am doomed to hate the freshness of wind.

I've called myself a hurricane many times before. Yet, I had never realized how terrifying natural catastrophes are.

The echo of the alert sirens outside make my body's cells shiver and my whole body scrunch up.

Switzerland is no stranger to a mere tornado. However, its people are also all too familiar with the fear that comes with it if you ask me. I could never get used them though.

I've always thought about being a hurricane, yes, but I believed that I lived with a tornado inside me. Our hearts resemble them too much.

Tornadoes start with a thunderstorm, usually, and they are created by the meeting between cool, dry air from one direction and a warm, moist one from the other.

Isn't that how our hearts swirl into confusion? It is when the warmest feeling is mixed with the coldest of results. It is when the icy thing is mixed with the coziest emotions. Our hearts swirl into confusion and destruction. We turn and turn around ourselves and our ideas and emotions until the we destroy everything in our paths. We potentially ruin many good things, things we love, and the debris and remains are left visible to the world for a long time.

We are hurricanes with tornadoes living in us. Eventually, I will probably find a way to connect my life and being to earthquakes and tsunamis too.

Thinking about it, I'm ready for the adventure that will show that to me. Ready as hell to get out of this one.

At first, outside my door, I hear mumbling. Really, now that I'm trying to sleep one arm hanging from a closet, people have to come have a conversation outside my abode.

The voices get louder and louder and eventually, I can tell that they're arguing.

"I just want to see her," I make out from a female voice.

I then hear Jakub's voice arguing against it saying things like 'Pete doesn't want you to' and 'she is not supposed to have visitors'.

The voices die down. I think that the girl has probably left and I am completely saddened. Then, she suddenly barges into the room.

I see Jakub let her in with annoyed look while she had on a mischievous grin. I wonder what she had on him.

She slams the door close behind her. From my point of view on the floor, she seems so grand and majestic. She is an insanely gorgeous woman with platinum blonde wavy hair with darker roots. Her blue eyes pop with the slight line of black she has around them and her daring orangey lip colour makes everything about her look exponentially more bold. She is wearing green khaki cargo pants that are riding low on her hips with a slightly cropped, fitted white t-shirt. She has nothing but white socks on, but her perfect posture and tall physique make it look like she could have stilettos on.

She looks amazing. Taken aback, I swallow hard waiting for her to say something.

"Hi, I'm Vanessa," she finally says chirpy. She walks over and sits down in front of me, crossing her legs under her.

"How are you May? Do you need anything? Water, food, the bathroom?"

I shake my head.

"Then, why aren't you talking?" she asks laughing.