seventeen

// SEVENTEEN //

Jakub walks farther away from the staircase he was still standing in front of. He stands next to Vanessa and Pete and he stares at me fallen on the cement floor.

When Steven had let me fall from his chokehold, I dropped on the cement, almost breaking a hip, and my arm landed on a piece of wood that we still hadn't baby-proofed. So, the nails sticking out of t landed in my bicep.

I was now checking it to see if I was still bleeding as I was still coughing and catching my breath.

"No, you don't need to check if I'm fine, guys," I muttered, mostly to myself because Steven was still close enough to me. He might have been watching me with a smirk, almost admiring his work of art: my torture.

Jakub scoffed, but he still came to my side and helped me up.

Steven then stalked toward us quickly and pulled me out of Jakub's arms making me fall back to the floor.

"Didn't I say not one person was to help her? All she had to do was complain for you fall at the mercy of my son's broad. Is it that important for you to win against him all the time?"

I look up at him scolding Jakub and I am completely stunned. What does he have against him? Has anything happened between Darius and Jakub?

Jakub stands before him, still a hand on my shoulder, clenching his jaw. He looks like he is trying so hard not to answer back.

Steven, with a smirk on his ugly face, grabs me by my hair and starts dragging me behind him. Who is going to teach this asshole how to stop manhandling me?

I hear Vanessa scream my name as I try to grab on to anything that would make him stop, but he is too strong for me. He takes me to his car, lifts me up and almost throws me in the backseat.

He slams my door without checking if my whole body was within the car or not. Thankfully, I had taken my hand off the side of the car just in time to push my self off the floor of the car on the seat. He almost jumped behind the wheel.

He pressed the start button, turning on the engine, and rolled down his window to talk to his men.

"You guys help Pete with his house. I've got business to take care of."

Steven puts the gear in reverse and almost slams his foot on the gas pedal. We fly over the debris and he quickly turns the wheel making us go zooming on the streets.

He silently drives furiously on a residential road. Last time I checked, 100 kilometres an hour in 40 kilometre zone was a definite arrest, but Steven is a lucky bastard, I must say.

We drove silently for about 15 minutes. I tried to protest. I tried to insult him and I begged my brain to let me stand up for myself but in vain. I wish Cass or Darius were here with me now. They would give me the confidence I needed.

Wait a minute. Why isn't Darius with me now? Why isn't anyone in my ear now?

I play with my ear, occasionally switching ears to make it look more subtle, trying to fix the ear piece.

Suddenly, the sound of a spark appears. They must have kept their mic permanently on so that they could know when I got my ear piece to work.

I start making coughing noises and I suddenly hear some shuffling.

"MAY!" someone yells, most probably Darius. It takes everything in me not to grimace at the painful screech he performed in my ear.