The Competition Begins.

"So this letter says that we'll have to meet our rivals at The Grandline bar." You notify your business partner as you skim through the details, an enthusiastic smile on your face. 

You've entered a contest where you'll be judged on your B&B and your hosting skills, you had been the proud owner since your dad handed it down to you in his will. It's not the best B&B in the word, sure, but it's your B&B and you're happy with it.

It's also the reason you and Ace got so close, you had always been friends but when you inherited such a business, you were rather scared. You simply weren't ready to run such a thing by yourself and Ace had decided to step in and help since his younger brother, Sabo, owns a B&B himself and had shown Ace the ropes so that he could look after the place while Sabo's away. 

You're still grateful to him for that, even now. And you happily accepted him as a joint partner in the business also, so that he had a steady income, doing something he's good at and enjoys.

"Sounds great." The freckled male answers with a mouth full of chicken sandwich, one that he had picked up at a gas station because he simply couldn't wait until he reaches the bar to eat. "Who are the rivals? Does it say?"

"Not really, it just has the names of the B&B's; The Bonney, Revolutionary B&B and The Emperor's Dream." The list causes Ace to grimace as he finishes off his sandwich, returning both his hands to the steering wheel which is a huge relief to you.

Seeing him eat and drive at the same time is always a scary scene and that's because--"ACE! WAKE UP, YOU IDIOT!" Your hand tightly grabbing the male by the hair and pulling it in order to wake him, his face currently buried into the car's horn, causing it to beep (more like roar) at other drivers. His eyes immediately flicker open and he offers you a quick apology as he straightens himself up, gaining control of the wheel.

Thankfully, he didn't cause an accident. 

Next time, I'm driving the car!

"Revolutionary B&B? I didn't know Sabo entered the contest too..." Your brow twitches slightly at his casual tone, considering he could have just killed you both by falling asleep while driving. But okay, Ace...

You just worry about your brother being in this contest too. Ya goon.

"So, we'll be facing Sabo and Koala." You mutter grumpily, your eyes squinting at the names before you. You hadn't heard of the other B&B's before but you wouldn't underestimate them just yet, if they're brave enough to enter this competition, they're clearly confident in their businesses. "I don't like the idea of facing friends, I might be biased..." 

"Don't be," Ace now harboring a wolfish grin as he pulls up outside the bar, unbuckling his seat belt and his eyes never seeming to leave your form. The way he stares at you often makes you feel nervous in a way, but you sort like it. "Sabo won't be going easy on us, so don't hesitate." 

Quite frankly, he isn't wrong there. Sabo's a darling man but he's also not a fan of losing and may just play ruthlessly to ensure a victory, especially if he's anything like Ace.

Upon entering the bar you're greeted by the sight of a happily drunk man, his hair bright red and eyes dark, he also has three scars down his left eye and some stubble around his mouth. Beside the drunkard is a younger-looking version of him, this guy has messier and shorter hair though, his eyes also seemingly more golden-coloured.

"Keep your damn noise down, moron! Some of us have a headache here!" 

Are they brothers too?!

"Don't drink too much, Shanks! You won't be able to rate the rooms properly!" A large woman scolds--nope, large is an understatement, she's huge. Her hair is pink and messy and her face resembles as shark. 

Strangely enough, beside her stands another pinkette, but this one is thinner and noticeably younger. They also look related in some way, the younger girl shoveling pizza into her mouth and sloppily chewing it before swallowing. 

Jeez, she eats worse than Ace does...

And lastly, you spot Koala and Sabo sat down at a table beside them. Sabo eating his food while Koala sips what-looks-like a glass of water or lemonade, both seemingly hadn't noticed you or Ace yet.

"Ah, you must be the fourth pair~!" The drunken redhead blurts as he rushes over, shaking Ace's hand and naturally, you expect him to shake yours also. But instead he pulls you into a strong hug. "Nice to meet ya both~! My name's Shanks~!"

His hug just about crushing your lungs and only allowing a struggled grunt to leave your lips as you force a polite smile past your pain. Apparently the man had attracted Koala and Sabo's attention now, the two coming over to greet Ace whilst Shanks continues to suffocate you. 

"I'm the owner of 'The Emperor's Dream' along with that ugly woman over there~!" The redhead continues childishly...and bluntly, gesturing toward the large and scary-looking lady. "Her name's Charlotte Linlin~! What's yours~?"

Admittedly, you're surprised that's his partner. You had honestly thought he was with the other redhead, given their slight resemblances. 

"[F/n], I'm the owner of 'Rooms With A Spark', and this is--"

"Ace." Shanks answers for you, a somewhat nostalgic smile plastered across his features as he acknowledges the freckled male's existence. Of course Ace is still busy speaking to his brother so he's not really taking in anything the either of you are saying. "I've met him and his brothers before, I'm surprised to see these two have entered this contest~! I might have to go easy on ya, [F/n]~!" 

Well...good thing Ace and his family gets around, I suppose.

"You're not going easy on anyone, you idiot! It's a contest and we're here to win it!" The Charlotte lady yells from beside the bar, shoving a handful of candies into her mouth. "He'll do anything for the gratitude of a pretty, young girl!"

You're honestly taking note of the sourness in her tone, the obvious distaste she has for you sends a slight chill up your spine. You're glad that she's working with Shanks, if she was alone she might mark you harshly in the contest.

Before you know it, the second pinkette is next to you with an excited smile on her face. Shanks taking a step back as the girl wraps her greasy hand around yours, shaking it loosely as she beams at you. 

"Hiya! My name is Jewerly Bonney, Kid and I own 'The Bonney' B&B!" Despite getting grease all over your hand, she seems rather pleasant in personality. Offering her a smile, your eyes trail across to her partner, Kid. And boy, he looks a bit pissed off. 

"I told you already, it's called 'The Bonney Kid', you idiot!" Kid's remark confusing you slightly since even the letter just said 'The Bonney' rather than the name he gave but at least it explains why he looks so mad now.

The young pinkette turning on her heel, frown etched into her features as she extends a finger out to her red-haired partner. "YOU DON'T DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN BREAK STUFF SO YOUR NAME SHOULDN'T BE ON THE PLACE AT ALL!!"

She has a short temper...

"I'LL BREAK YOU TOO IF YOU DON'T STOP UNDERMINING ME!"

So does he...

Holding the letter up again, you reread the details and it honestly has your blood running cold. Looks like the first B&B you'll be staying at for tonight is Kid and Bonney's. Hopefully they'll calm down as the day progresses though. Hopefully. 

A pair of slim arms wrapping around your torso as Koala buries her head into your back, giving you a tight but genuine hug from behind. "Hiya, [F/n]! It's good to see you again! I haven't seen you since Christmas! I look forward to staying at your B&B~!!"

"Hmph. They're allowing brothers to enter? This already sounds fair already..." You hear Kid sarcastically murmur with his arms crossed, his jaw pulled taut and his fiery eyes staring coldly at Ace's back. 

Thankfully the freckled male didn't hear him, you really don't want an argument on the first day.