The Emperor's Dream B&B. #2

WHERE IS EVERYBODY?!

Your eyes scanning the name of the pub area as you enter, a sign says 'Welcome to The Emperor's New Bar!' that enthusiasm would usually make you smile but your mind is much too focused on your blunder with Ace right now.

"Yes. Bar. Alcohol. Memory loss. Give it to me." You mutter to yourself, your eyes locking on the workers but you don't get a chance to reach them, a gentle hand wrapping around your wrist before giving it a slight tug and effortlessly stopping you in your tracks.

OH GOD, NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

"Hey, [F/n]," The voice immediately calming you since it's Sabo's, not Ace's, thank all the gods. "I'm buying this round, what do you want?" However the kind smile on Sabo's face is swiftly replaced with full concern when your large, fear-riddled eyes set on him.

Yes, Sabo. I. Could. MARRY. You. 

"Gin and tonic. Large." Is all you answer with a slight shake in your voice, your body feeling somewhat numb as you carry yourself over to the table where the other contestants are gathered, dropping down in a seat beside Kid. 

Sabo still watching you, completely puzzled, of course. But still going to order the drinks, despite his concerns. 

"Hey, [F/n]? Are you okay?" Bonney asks you from across the round table, her expression matching the one that Sabo had given you previously. "You look like you've just seen a ghost."

All you could offer is a nod, you're good, you just dug yourself a hole. That happens a lot with many people, surely, you needn't worry. You just need Sabo to hurry his ass up with that drink so you can drown yourself in said hole.

Your eyes begin to feel cold from how you've been holding them open wide with shock since blurting nonsense to Ace. In attempts to calm yourself down over your error, you turn your gaze to Kid. Of course, he's staring at you too but thankfully, he doesn't look as concerned as everyone else. Just curious. 

Don't even ask, pale-face.

"So, is Bonney your girlfriend?" You ask numbly with attempts to speak about anything at all that will take your mind off of your idiocy. Although the look Kid gives you makes you feel even more like a moron. 

"Do we look like a couple? We can barely stand each other." He answers after a moment of silence and mockingly staring, although your response seems to surprise him. 

"Yeah, that sounds like a couple thing to me." You even manage to pull a quiet chuckle from his pale lips, which he tries to cover up by 'coughing' with his fist to his mouth, clearly trying to hide the slight smile.

"Alright, I admit. You're quite a card." Kid murmurs into his fist, his eyes averting back to his drink. 

A card? 

You look around in attempts to make more conversation with someone else but Charlotte and Shanks are too busy bickering over the fact everyone is drinking in a bar.

Charlotte seems to think it'll be more healthy to take everyone out for fun but Shanks argues that the bar is apart of the B&B and it's much more sensible to have the entertainment here. 

You agree with him on that one, you want alcohol. Lots of it.

Thankfully, you get your wish. Sabo bringing back the rounds and immediately, you're hitting the gin and tonic hard. Kid snickering at how fast you neck the drink before handing you some money.

"Here, your next one is on me! I wanna see if you're as funny drunk as you are when you're sober!" Really, a bad influence. But you aren't complaining making sure to put the money to good use, you order your next one. 

Kid is quickly becoming my favorite right now...

About four gin and tonics in, you're starting to feel extremely happy and somewhat careless. You're boss at handling liquor though, you've still got all of your senses, you're just happier now and not so bothered by the small things. 

"Ah, finally! Ace!" Shanks' voice catching your ears and upon following it you find him speaking to the freckled male but his raven hair is oddly wet. You wonder why this is, it's not raining and even if it was, he wouldn't have gone outside to get here. "D-Did you shower? We haven't turned the hot water on yet! Are you alright?"

"Yeah, that's completely fine with me." The boy murmurs, his eyes looking around the room and stopping when they spot you. And here you were thinking that you were being helped by the alcohol, ha, nope. You're just as nervous as you'd be if you were sober.

More. More gin and tonic. 

Reaching the bar, the cute bartender-guy looks down at you with a very innocent expression on his face, his name tag says...squinting your eyes a little, you try to read it clearly. It's not the alcohol though, it's the fact the writing is small. TOTALLY not the alcohol. 

"Hello, Ro...si...nanny." Your brows furrowing in deep thought as you contemplate his name, completely unaware that you've read it wrong. The male's deep chuckle reaching your ears as he places a glass down on the counter, already beginning to fill it. 

"Another gin and tonic, I assume?" 

"Mhm~!"

Yes. I like this man. This bar, actually. No, this world.

"[F/n]." Ace's voice catching your attention, sounding soft all of a sudden and slightly worried. Your head very slowly turning to face him, as well as your eyes, you start to feel your heart going absolutely crazy inside your chest. "About earlier--"

"I'M-I'M-I'M--!" You cut him off in pure panic, unwittingly attracting everybody's attention. The bartender's, Shanks', Charlotte's, Sabo's, Bonney's, Koala and Kid's...unfortunately this does not stop you from embarrassing yourself further. "I'M--NOT PERVERT!"

Many bewildered stares following your comment, the only sound echoing throughout the bar is the running water...wait, that's not water. That's Rosinante still pouring your drink and completely missing the glass since he's also staring at you in immense confusion. 

The next sound to reach your ears is Kid snickering and Shanks even following in suit, the two laughing at your drunken slurs. Koala, Charlotte and Bonney turning their attention back to what they were doing. Leaving only Sabo staring at you both and Ace simply raising a brow. 

"I didn't think you--"

"Hey, guys!" Shanks calls out, bringing back everybody's attention to him. The redhead looking as cheerful as ever as he raises his arms in the air enthusiastically. "LET'S HAVE A DRINKING CONTEST~!!"

Yes. Yes, that would be perfect. Fucking wreck me with alcohol, please.