Chapter two

It all began on one sunny day, the birds sang, the flowers bloomed, and all was peaceful. Well despite the children running and playing. I don't say that I hate children.

What I'm saying is that the noise and energy are a bit much for me to handle. I can't handle loud noises probably because I'm more used to a peaceful setting. But I love children. Their innocence and their cheerfulness never seems to stop me from being me.

But as I was saying.

I believe that I felt more tired than usual. Probably because of some worry some thought that came to my head most of the night. I tried to shrug it off but I just couldn't. I felt like something bad was actually going to happen. But why? I was never told who I was or what I was.

But due to how tired I was, I had collapsed.

"Sister Judith! Mckarr fainted!"

"Get help! Someone! Anyone!"

"Mckarr, are you ok?"said a faint voice.

I woke up in shock and relieved. I was filled with more energy but what happened?

"May I inquire as to who you are?" I asked.

"I am Astell." She said.

Astell.

Why is that name so familiar?

"May I inquire as to what happened, Astell?" I asked.

"You collapsed on the ground unconscious. So, everyone began to panic. If I may ask, how much sleep did you get last night?" Astell explained.

"Very little. I was thinking a lot and it was to a point where sleep was nearly impossible." I answered.

"That must be it. You need to be more careful next time." Astell said.

"I know. I apologize for worrying everyone. I couldn't help but worry for the children's safety. I keep having visions and thoughts of the Prince of Shadow Wielders attacking the village. I couldn't sleep due to that." I explained.

"That's terrible! But we all know that he can't rise from his seal unless someone performs the ancient ritual. It would be impossible. No was ever brave enough to summon him." Said Astell.

True but why is there a ritual to this? What kind of person would make a ritual to this Prince?

"Now please go home for the day. You must be very tired." Said Astell.

"Alright. I'll come back tomorrow." I said reassuringly.

Hopefully, it'll all be fine. Tomorrow is another day to come.