Chapter seven

I waited to be free each day.

To be free from my hellish prison.

Frost has been very supportive throughout my imprisonment.

He's helped me to find hope. Today, he brought me a letter. It was from one of the orphans. It was the eldest.
It read:

Mckarr,

The village has gotten worse. Mostly everyone is dead or dying. The others and I have been protecting the younger kids.

We tried taking refugee in the hollow tree but it was surrounded by shadows and monsters. We built a boat and found a nearby village. It was peaceful and has a stronger force field than the village we lived in.

Some of the orphans have parents so far and they are still alive and well.

We won't return until the village has cleared out. But some of us may not return. Maybe all of us won't come back.

We all wish for the best.

Best regards,
Petra.

The letter ended with that. Thus said, that the orphans will never return.

Oh dear god.

What shall I ever do?

What will happen to the village without me in it?

I've failed so much.

I can't do this job anymore. For I am imprisoned in this hell hole, filled with blasphemy and torture.

This concludes the fact that I am forever to be held captive.

But I shant worry about that, for tomorrow is another day.