Chapter six

"Hey! Wake up!" Said a familiar voice.

Who..... Where......... Why..?

"Hello, Mckarr.~ I've been waiting for you."

Oh god. Not him.

"Where's Astell?!" I shouted.

"She was simply a mind trick. I knew that I'd be able to trick you, Mckarr.~"

"YOU SON OF A BITCH! YOU CUR! YOU BRUTE! LIVING OFF ONE'S LABOR!" I shouted.

"You should have never said that."

A wave of shock went down my spine as I was shocked with electricity.

Then it all faded to pitch black.

Darkness, fear, none has reached out before me.

There is nothing but darkness.

It began to consume me.

It drove me to near insanity.

It was until I heard a voice. It was so soft spoken and so deep.

Two hands reach out in front of me through the darkness, revealing a beacon of light.

"Are you alright?" It said.

I wake up to see a young man with blue hair and silver eyes that were so glimmering, you could mistake them for iron. Pale snow white skin, his clothes were torn to near bits.

"Hey, are you ok?" He said.

"Oh me? Yes, I'm fine. Just a bit 'shocked'." I joked.

"Well, you should be more careful around that guy. Oh, I'm Frost, by the way." He said as he held out his hand to shake mine.

"Um, it's nice to meet you Frost. I'm Mckarr." I said as we shook hands.

"So, where are you from, Mckarr?" He asked.

"The village that the prince is invading." I said filled with shame.

"I'm so sorry that happened." He apologized.

Why was he apologizing? He didn't cause this. He's such a daring young man.

"W-well, it was nice to meet you Mckarr. I need to get back to my job." He said.

He left and I couldn't help but stare as if he had possessed me with some kind of trance.

I sigh as he walks away.

Then I think back. Was I really in love with him or was I just over thinking again?

I may never know.