Chapter three

The next day came. The birds sing, the flowers bloom, and the wind blew a calming breeze. Today is a good day.

It was like each and every other day, which made me curious. Why is it like this each day?

It was night time and when the entire village was asleep, I snuck out. I got to a force field like atmosphere. I had no idea how it got here or how long it's been there but it was protected by the mushroom ring. Carefully stepping over, I was paralyzed with fear. Darkness surrounded the field. Skeletons were on the ground, nearly decaying. Shadows and monsters were lurking and crawling for light, groaning in pain and agony as if they've been through hours of torture.
"Please... Help..... Us. "Said an unfortunate soul. He took his final breath and he passed on to the after life.

These weren't just any kind of evil souls. These were the souls of the soldiers who fought the Prince of Shadow Wielders. Why were they here?

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"We've been here for years, waiting for the king to give his word so that we could be free from it's curse. We've been here for years looking for the one to free us. You must be the one to free us from our prison." Said one soldier.

"I don't believe you. How do I know that you work for the Prince of Shadow Wielders?" I asked.

Their faces changed from pain to enraged.

"He knows." Said one. "Soldiers! Get him!"

I ran back to the force field without breaking the mushroom ring. None of them entered.

"Blasted soldiers." I said under my breath.

Running as fast as I could, I got home and I locked the door. I then realized something important.

The orphans.

I need to get to the orphanage and warn everyone.

But I will tomorrow. For tomorrow is another day.