introduction.

"In this dystopian universe, a chip is inserted into your left wrist at birth. Throughout your years, someone else in the universe feels the same pain and markings as you do. Once you receive a new marking, it means you're inching closer to that person. That person is your soulmate."

More details on the story: once you meet your soulmate, your "markings" make a complete outline of something. Whether it be a flower, an animal, the world, anything. It's just something you both enjoy or love. Soulmates could be boy+boy, girl+girl, boy+girl, person+person. If your soulmate gets injured in anyway, you feel their pain. You don't get the bruises, but you just feel their pain. If your soulmate is feeling a certain emotion strongly, you feel it too. If the chip in your left wrist starts beeping blue, it also means you're getting closer to your soulmate along with new markings which was previously stated. If you are involved with someone who isn't your soulmate, your chip will not let you know they are the wrong person. But you, of course, will know when "the one" has come along.

Disclaimer: I had gotten this story idea from a fanfic I read a couple years back here on Wattpad. If you are this person, message me and let me know please!