chapter five.

c/w; mention of self-harm

Around three in the morning, all the boys were still up- well, all except for Corbyn considering he had fallen asleep around ten at night. The boys took advantage of that though and drew on his face with sharpie carefully so they wouldn't wake him. They all knew of his plan to meet up with Orion, so when he left the room five minutes to three, they didn't bother asking where he was headed. With Orion, she was laying up in her bed with her headphones in while quietly listening to Neutral Milk Hotel. Her grandpa enjoyed Neutral Milk Hotel and never told anyone about his secret liking for them except his granddaughter. That's one memory she always kept between herself and him. While listening to music, her dads were in the bed in the room beside hers sleeping loudly and obnoxiously.

When the clock struck three a.m., she quietly shuffled out of her bed and slipped into her Donald Duck slippers, making her way towards the door and opening it slowly, then shutting it just as silently. Her hair was still that same mess it was before, and she was still wearing the same clothes. Jack, on the other hand, decided to wear his green plaid patterned pajama pants and a a black AC/DC tank top considering it was ninety one degrees currently. He sat at the same couch he noticed her sitting in before, his back leaned against one arm of the couch. His leg shook up and down frantically while he fiddled with his fingers. When that elevator door dinged open, his head swung up in her direction and he chuckled lightly about her large Donald Duck slippers. She smiled at him shyly and made her way over to him, rolling at her eyes at the first thing he said to her.

"Nice slippers." Jack stated, a teasing smile on his face. His eyes lit up happily whenever he saw her because he just utterly adored her. Although he just met her, how could he not adore her? They're soulmates for crying out loud.

Orion plopped down across from him on the other side of the couch, her back pressed up against the arm of the chair. She crossed her legs over each other and leaned forward, placing her head in both of the palm of her hands and looking up at a curly headed Jack. "Hello to you, too."

"So," Jack breathed out, "Tell me about yourself."

"Well, what do you want to know?" She questioned him as she pushed a single strand of hair behind her ear.

Jack thought for a quick second before replying. "I used to feel pain at night on my arms accompanied by an overwhelming state of sadness. What was that?"

Orion's smug smile faded from her lips and formed into a small frown. "Ah, starting off with the big guns, aren't we?" She let out a soft laugh before sitting up straight and tucking away another single strand of hair behind her ear. "Um, I used to self harm. Like cut and stuff. I deal with major depression and take pills for it along with therapy sessions and stuff."

He stared at her intently as she spoke, taking in all the information she threw at him all at once. Hearing this news saddened him, causing a lump to form in his throat. It hurt him having to hear about his lover going through this. He was going to ask why, but he figured he'd wait till a later time to ask such a question.

Before Jack could comment on anything, Orion spoke up. "Do you actually listen to AC/DC?" Her head had returned to her palms and her back into the leaning-forward position. She stared up at him and smiled cheekily, her deep dimples popping out at him.

His cheeks turned a burned red and he scratched the back of his neck, looking down at his lap and then back up at her. "No, not really. I mean, my dad does but not me. He gives me his old band tee shirts and with this one I just cut off the sleeves and made it into a tank." He noticed her head tilted to the left, then nodding as he spoke. "He listens to that type of music. I don't, though."