chapter seven.

When Orion made it to Jack's room, she knocked three times in a row and waited patiently while rocking forward and backward on the balls of her feet with her arms crossed behind her lower back. Jack was currently in the shower so one of the other boys had to open up the door, and that so happened to be Daniel. When Daniel saw the girl standing before him, he cocked his head to the side but motioned for her to come in without asking any questions.

Once Orion entered the boys room, she noticed they had been having a movie night with bunch of different kinds of sodas, popcorn, and snacks scattered throughout the room. There was one bed that so happened to have three water bottles on top of it with the bed spotlessly made. Orion quietly passed behind the guys who were sitting too closely to the television screen that was playing The Shining. She absolutely adored horror films and could watch them for the rest of her life if ever able to.

"You could sit on Jack's bed if you'd like," Daniel pointed to the spotless bed with the water bottles. "He's currently in the shower. He told us you might stop by so he went out of his way to clean his bed and to take a shower, a long one I may add."

Orion chuckled at his statements and nodded, walking over to Jack's bed and sitting right in the middle of it beside the water bottles. She watched the movie for about ten minutes before the shower turned off and out came a curly headed boy with a towel wrapped around his hips. When he walked out, he didn't notice her at first so he shamelessly walked around the entire room before finding his correct suitcase and pulling out boxer briefs, an old plain green t-shirt, and white basketball shorts. He was whistling a tune she couldn't make out, but she shrugged it off and continued watching the movie as he walked back into the bathroom to change into comfortable clothing for the night.

Another ten minutes pass by and Jack comes out of the room, putting his dirty clothes in a separate suit case. When he turned around towards his bed, he jumped and let out a small scream when he noticed Orion sitting on his bed. The boys sh'd their friend while continuing to stay glued to the movie. Orion waved and smiled innocently at the confused boy who started walking towards the bed, scooting next to the empty spot next to her. She scooted over a bit more to her left so Jack would securely be on the bed beside her.

Jack wrapped an arm around his soulmate, holding her close to him and holding her hand with his free one. Her head laid perfectly on his shoulder, her waves of black tickling his neck. For a few seconds, they both watched the movie in silence until one of them decided to break it by a whisper.

"When the hell did you get here?" Jack asked curiously, moving his head a bit to look down at the beautiful girl cuddled up to his side.

She looked up at him and laughed quietly, looking up at the clock in the room above the television then back to his alluring brown eyes. "For almost half an hour already. By the way, you take forever to get ready." She pointed out with a teasing smile spread across her chubby face.

With a roll of his eyes, Jack kissed her temple softly then continued to watch the movie as he intertwined their fingers with one another's. Minutes passed by them in the blink of an eye, all of them making strange faces at the screen when something odd would happen. Jack was creeped out at some parts but tried his best not to show it so he can come across as tough for Orion- but she noticed how uncomfortable he would get from time to time and would smile to herself.

When the movie finished, there were popcorn kernels scattered across the carpeted flooring along with different types of candies such as sour patch kids, jolly ranchers, and even some cheetos. The boys all clapped and cheered dramatically once the movie was over, Orion playfully joining in with them and trying her best to keep a straight face while doing so. The whole time Orion has been here beside Jack, he would stare at her for a couple seconds here and there to just admire her beauty. Her hair was still drying up from the pool when she got to the room, and now it's dry and more curly than wavy. During the movie, Jack would circle his thumb on the palm of her hand; it made her feel at ease and safe.