chapter four.

Orion made her way to the elevator and pressed the button, waiting for it to open up in front of her. The hotel had thirty four floors and Orion was on twenty three. All the boys watched Orion walk away and Jack was shaking just a bit.

"Should I go up to her?" Jack asked, his voice shaking and him looking at his friends for any sign of agreement.

"If you don't, I will." Zach teased. "She's highly attractive."

"She's my soulmate not yours."

"Doesn't mean I can't flirt a little." When Jack gave him a death glare, he laughed heartedly. "I'm kidding, I'd never do that to you. Just go get her before she's gone."

Jack rolled his eyes before jumping up from his seat and calmly walking over to Orion, but walking a bit fast before the elevator comes and she's gone yet again. When he walked up next to her, he wasn't sure what to do and how to approach her- so he just tapped on her shoulder twice. When Orion turned around, he was lost for words. She was just so damn beautiful.

"Hi." Orion spoke as she smiled politely. She was utterly confused as to why a beautiful man was tapping on her shoulder but she didn't mind.

Jack smiled back, feeling his wrist gradually tingle. "I'm Jack. Are you Orion?" He asked. He then realized he should've said hi first. Now he thinks he's coming off as rude to his soulmate. But he wasn't; at least to her anyway.

Orion nodded, raising a curious brow. "Indeed I am, Jack. Why you ask?"

"I think I'm your soulmate." He mumbled, loud enough for only them to hear.

Orion blinked five times before swallowing deeply and feeling her wrist tingle. They both looked down at their wrists and watched it intently. Their markings finally all came together and formed two eight notes. Yes, they both enjoyed music except Jack could sing and play instruments while Orion was only able to play instruments- but she kicked ass at it, though. When they noticed the thick two eight notes come together, they looked up at each other confused.

"Well, why isn't the marking getting coloured in or some shit?" Jack questioned irritated, maybe a little too loud considering Jonah responded from across the room.

"You have to kiss in order for it to colour itself in!" Jonah shouted, causing Corbyn, who was deep into his phone next to him, to almost fall out of his seat from how loud Jonah was.

The elevator finally opened up and Orion jumped at the little "ding" sound it made. She looked back up at Jack and wasn't sure what to do. She definitely wanted to get to know him first before they got kissing and such. "I, um, got to go back to my room."

"Wait," he spoke up, plead in his eyes. "Can I walk you to your room? Please? We can get to know more about each other and stuff."

Orion loved that idea and nodded, a happy smile evident on her face. "Sure, why not?"

They both walked into the elevator, both of them standing awkwardly next to each other. They weren't sure what to really say at first, but when Jack noticed Orion press the twenty third button, his eyes lit up.

"You're on level twenty three?" He questioned, his head looking up from the floor to Orion who was staring straight into the elevator doors.

"Yeah, why you ask?" She looked over to Jack and felt her cheeks beat up. She thought he was so beautiful for a guy. The way his curls fell in his face and how his hair was two tones, the dark colour of his eyes that she already found herself getting lost in, and the way his lips curved into a smug smile when she looked over at him. He had an attractive smile.

"I'm on the same floor." He simply stated with excitement stringing through each word that left his mouth. He noticed the slight blush creep across her cheeks and smirked. "Are you blushing?"

Orion laughed, shaking her head which caused a few wavy strands of her black hair fall in front of her face, which Jack pushed behind her left ear. That, of course, caused her to blush more than she already was. "One, I'm not blushing; there's nothing to blush about. Two, that's quite wild. I'm room 611."

He chuckled and sheepishly smiled, god he loved her laugh. Even if Orion wasn't his soulmate, he's convinced he would still madly for her. Everything about her was just so, stunning. "I'm room 607. When do you leave the hotel?"

She looked up at Jack, a small smile plastered on her chubby face with her deep dimples making an appearance. "I leave in five days. What about you?"

The elevator doors opened smoothly, the view of the yellow and brown painted walls with floral paintings lining the wall, the lights brighter than most summer days. "Same. Where are you from?" Jack let his soulmate leave the elevator first, exiting behind her and waking beside her as they walked towards her room.

"I live in Fountain Hill but was born in Norristown which is very close to here, actually." Orion bit the inside of her cheek as they both stopped in front of her hotel room door, the six unhinged from the door and hanging down causing it to look like a nine. She looked up at Jack sadly, her eyes meeting his. She didn't want to leave, she wanted to stay up till the morning sunrise with him and get to know him. But she had to get back to her fathers.

"I was born and raised in Burbank, California for a while but eventually moved to Susquehanna." He noticed the look of sadness in her eyes and he frowned. Sad did not suit her. He leaned over and whispered into her ear only loud enough for her to hear just in case her parents were behind the door listening. "Meet me in the lobby at three sharp." He leaned back and kissed her forehead before turning around and walking towards his room. Orion couldn't see, but Jack was smiling like a lovesick fool while Orion was blushing madly snd silently squealing to herself.