chapter six.

Later that day at eleven twenty-eight in the morning, Orion was out by the indoor pool. Both of her dads were out for the day visiting her a side of her family that did not like her at all. Her fathers didn't want her to put up with their bullshit and have her end up being depressed at the end of the day, so they decided to let her have her alone time for the day and enjoy herself. It was currently pouring outside so she had no choice but to chose the inside pool for today. She had been at the pool for the past hour just alone in the hot tub. She was sitting with two books next to her on the outside area of the hot tub. She had a copy of a poetry book written by Lovelace and a novel written by Steven Parker, who both, happened to be her favourite authors.

Nobody else was in the pool room with her and she loved that. She was alone in the peace and quiet for a long time, until the entrance to the pool area opened and in came a group of five boys- the five boys she saw last night along with her soul mate. They came inside laughing, of course, until Jack had noticed Orion from across the room and waved at her enthusiastically with a goofy smile plastered across his face. Jack told the boys that he was going to hang out with Orion for a little while before setting his towel and phone down on a nearby chair then proceeding to jog over to the hot tub, slipping inside across from his soul mate.

"Hey there, stranger." Orion smirked, a very large and happy smile spreading across her chubby cheeks.

Jack smiled back at her, his eyes sparkling with excitement. "Hi. What are you doing down here alone?"

Orion shrugged her bare shoulders and put down the book in her hand back on top of the other book beside her on the concrete flooring. "How come you're not with your friends?"

"I want to spend time with you babygirl-"

"Don't be cringe-y yet, Jack. Not yet. Not now." She exclaimed, her cheeks heating up slightly.

Jack laughed and nodded as he ran a hand through his curls. "Deal." He put his arms on the sides of him on the concrete flooring. He wasn't the most fit guy but it's not like he is chubby, not that either of those would be a problem for Orion because she loves all body types. Jack had a flat tummy with a little bit of chub. His arms were kind of muscular and wonder what it felt like to have them around her. "Did you end up getting in trouble last night? Did you get caught?"

Orion shook her head, letting out a soft giggle. Jack smiled slightly at the sound of her giggle, wanting to hear it all day long on a loop. "No, my dads are heavy sleepers. They didn't even budge. Did you wake your friends up?"

"They don't even know the definition of the word sleep. They barely get five considering they're always up all night then sleep for a few hours a day during the morning. I'm surprised we're even down here this early, normally they're all sleeping." He glances back at his friends who were playing some type of game in the pool while their voices echoed throughout the entire room. "Normally it's either me or Daniel who wake up early."

Orion cocked her head to right side as she raised a curious brow. "Which one is Daniel?"

"That's right! I never introduced you to my friends!" Jack jumped up out of the hot tub and walked over to Orion, holding out his hand for her to take. "Come on, I want to introduce you to them!"

 Orion hesitated for a quick moment before grabbing onto her soul mates hand and standing up from her comfortable stop. She gripped Jack's hand as they were walking towards the boys in the larger and deeper pool area, causing him to stop in his tracks and turn around to face her. "Are they nice guys?"

Jack jokingly rolled his eyes. "No, they're complete assholes. You'll hate them."

Orion laughed and took a few steps forward, sitting on the edge of the pool near the four boys. "I appreciate your sarcasm."

Jack winked at Orion before jumping into the pool, allowing some water droplets to splash onto her body. She crossed her arms across her chest and huffed out at him when he arose from the water, causing him to laugh and telling her to stay put and he'd be back with his friends. Orion was a bit nervous but quickly shrugged it off when she noticed all the boys swimming over towards her.

"So, these are my friends." Jack exclaimed with a bright smile on his face. "This is Jonah," He started as he pointed to the tallest boy. "Next to him is Daniel who I was talking about earlier." Daniel had beautiful blue eyes that were even more beautiful than the sea. Jack was about to continue down the line until he got cut off.

"Wait, what were you saying about me? Was it bad?" Daniel asked as he looked over at Jack.

Jack just ignored Daniel's question and moved on. "After Daniel is Zach aka the youngest one of the group who is fourteen." Zach smiled innocently up at Orion with a small wave before Jack continued on. "To my right, which is your left, is Corbyn."

They all said their hello's at the same time, causing Orion to giggle some more and smile shyly at them. "Hi there." Orion turned her head towards Daniel to answer his question from earlier. "And no, it was nothing bad. He was just telling me how you both are the earliest to wake up normally. Which I wouldn't expect from Jack if I'm being honest."

All the boys oh'd and laughed at Orion's remark, except Jack who glared at her playfully. "Why do you say that?" Daniel responded, a quick chuckle coming out after he had asked yet again another question.

She simply shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know, he just seems the type to sleep in a lot."

After several hours of all of them, including Orion, splashing around in the pool and playing multiple games of chicken fight and marco polo, they all got tired and decided to go back up to their rooms and watch a movie. They all grabbed their things and made small talk on the way to the elevator and on the way up to their rooms. 

There was now thunder and lightening outside which made Jack jump up a couple of times. Orion thought it was utterly adorable. She personally loved the rain and thunder and lightening storms; she thought they were beautiful. All the boys had loved hanging out with Orion and wanted to do it again; they all became friends in over a span of five hours.

Jack walked Orion back to her room, of course, and kissed her on her forehead and suggested they should do something later. Orion replied by saying she had to check with her parents first but she would be right over to his room to let him know whether they are able to or not. As if on cue, the hotel room phone rang as soon as Orion stepped inside her room and closed the door shut with a lock. After setting her things down on her hotel bed, she sat down on the edge of the bed and answered the phone.

"Hello?" Orion answered. She already figured it was her dads, but she still answered the phone like that just in some case it wasn't.

"Hey, sweetheart. It's your cool dad." Her one father replied, causing her to laugh silently to herself. "We won't be able to make it through the rain and thunder so we will have to spend the night at their house tonight. We should be back tomorrow around ten in the morning."

Orion nodded her head then remembered her parent couldn't see her so she replied with a simple okay. When they said their goodbye's and Orion hung up the telephone, she squealed to herself and slipped on her night time slippers before shuffling her way towards Jack's hotel room.