Wattpad Original
There are 17 more free parts

22. The Pig or Your Friends?

The next morning, Levi tiredly jumped onto the deck. He had been searching for Jessica all night but to no avail. He had at least expected she would have returned to the Leo for the sword that was still strapped to his back and her honey gold locket, but she hadn't.

Jessica couldn't be found anywhere. It was like she didn't even exist in the first place, and he was starting to become worried that something terrible had happened to her.

His stomach grumbled. He hadn't eaten in hours. He would start searching for her again after he had something to eat.

"Food," he murmured.

He dragged his tired feet along the floor, heading towards the galley. He stopped in his tracks when a small pink animal plodded in front of him.

Levi blinked a couple of times, and he rubbed his tired eyes. They turned big and round like a predator, staring towards the small pig as the animal casually strolled along the deck, munching on the vegetables in Logan's Garden.

Levi's mouth watered, and he slowly licked his lips, already tasting the rich flavours of the pig in his mouth. His nostrils flared, the heavenly scent of bacon clouding his better judgment.

"BACON!!!" he screamed and darted towards the pig.

Startled, the innocent creature bolted like a spooked horse and started running around the deck, fearing for her life and looking for her blonde haired friend, the only person that could protect her from the drooling monstrosity that was chasing after her.

Levi was close. His fingers were only millimetres away from grabbing his breakfast.

The pig shrieked in alarm when she couldn't find her friend, a loud, heart-piercing cry that echoed around the deck of the ship.

Alex's eyes flashed open.

A dark sensation filled him as he heard the cries of Miss Piggy, painful cries that penetrated right through his heart and made him angry that someone dared to hurt his friend. In a flash, he was up, and his red sword was drawn and deflecting Levi's outstretched arms that were seconds away from grabbing his Miss Piggy.

The captain's super strength was formidable as he attempted to push back. It didn't help that he still felt the strains from his injuries against Madame Cheng, and he knew he couldn't last much longer against the captain's cursed souls.

A hungry glare was clearly evident in his captain's eyes. He would stop at nothing until he ate that pig.

"What are you doing, Alex?" Levi complained, his hungry eyes never leaving the pig that was now hiding behind his first mate's leg.

The chaos of the situation had brought the attention of the rest of the crew, all of them coming up on deck, some yawning, having been woken up. All of them were confused by the situation: Alex was protecting a trembling pig from Levi.

"It looks like we're having bacon for breakfast," Vulcan joked.

"Like hell, you're eating my friend!"

Alex eventually pushed back Levi and knocked him to the ground and glared towards the crew.

"Friend?" Penny questioned a frown brewing on her lips.

"Indeed." Mirella covered her mouth as she softly chuckled to herself, having remembered the encounter she'd seen last night. "Alex is friends with the pig. He was cuddling with it last night and called her Miss Piggy."

Tommy burst out laughing, falling over in a fit of laughter. "I didn't know you had such a soft side, Blondie ."

"Shut it!" Alex flushed red in embarrassment. "Mirella, you said you wouldn't tell them about that!"