| ᶜᴴᴬᴾᵀᴱᴿ ᴱᴵᴳᴴᵀ |

ᏌᏢ ᎢᎻᎬ ᏟᎡᎬᎬK

"Bass. Gophers." Chris greeted us as we stood on the yellow grained sand of the beach. "Todays challenge is a true summer camp experience. A canoe trip." I groaned slightly, leaning into Duncan. "You'll be paddling your canoes across the lake to Bony Island. When you get there, you must portage your canoe to the other side of the island, which is about a two-hour hike through the treacherous dense jungle."

"We've got to pour what?" Geoff said, cluelessly.

"Portage, dude, walk with your canoe." Explained Chris, rolling his eyes at Geoff.

"Oh." I laughed slightly and felt Duncan's grip on me tense up. I looked up, gazing at him with curious eyes but he shrugged it off.

"When you get to the other side of the island, you'll build a rescue fire that will be judged by me. The first team to paddle home and return their canoe's to the beach is the winner of invincibility. Move campers move!" We nodded and began to make our way down the stairs when he called us back. "Oh wait! One more thing I should mention. Legend has it that if you take anything off the island, you'll be cursed forever."

"Yeah! A cursed island! Wooh!" Owen cheered while we stared at him, blankly. He stopped his grin vanishing.

"Now, get in your canoe's and let's have some fun." We walked down and I was immediately pulled to the side by Courtney. I watched as Bridgette waved at us, but Geoff thought she waved to him so he waved back and I frowned as I saw the disappointment on his face as she said our names.

"Courtney! Diana! Be my partners?" We walked down and put on our safety thingy and started paddling to the island, once we got our canoe into the ocean. Bridgette then began to tell us how Geoff made this thing for which was apparently gag worthy but I thought it was cute.

// ɕɵʄɛʂʂɨɵɲ:

hσw wαѕ thαt gαg wσrthч? hσnєѕtlч, ín mч σpíníσn, thαt wαѕ rєαllч cutє. í mєαn, hє díd put ín híѕ tímє αnf єffσrt ѕσ вrídgєttє σвvíσuѕlч mєαnѕ ѕσmєthíng tσ hím. pσσr gєσff //

"So Diana." I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Bridgette, who called my name. "What's going on with you and Mister wannabe badass?" A blush crawled up my neck as I looked down, embarrassed and shy.

"Ohhhh! I'd like to know as well!" Squealed Courtney, a grin on her face. My face heated up even more as I recalled the night we kissed. "You kissed!" Yelled Courtney as the two began to squeal.

"Shut up!" My voice came as a whisper as I ducked my head, my hair covering my red face. Soon a fog appeared, silencing us.

Once we reached the shore, we lifted up our boats and began to carry our boats to the otherside. We were able to pass the other team but Geoff fell over.

"Oh it's so unfair! Why did this have to happen now?!" He yelled, sticking his leg up in pain. "Why?! WHY?!"

"Geoff!" I smiled as Bridgette rushed over to him in panic, knowing that they cared for each other.

"You've got to go on without me."

"Okay." Courtney began walking away when DJ grabbed her arm and stopped her.

"We're not leaving any man behind. Not on my watch." DJ lifted Geoff onto his canoe and with the help of Harold, we contiued our way to the other side, seeing the other team once we arrived.

We began to put sticks together and I bit my lip, trying to think of a possible way to start a fire when an idea popped into my head.

"Duncan." I called, getting his attention as he walked over to me. "Lighter." He smirked, getting the idea and handed it to Courtney, who was trying to make the fire. We grinned as it worked, a blaring fire coming to life. I then walked into the jungle to find sticks when I heard a roar. I gulped, eyes wideneing in fear as I gazed at the bear in front of me.

"Nice bear." I said, backing up into a tree. I took a deep breath, remembering what my older brother told me about bears. I held out my hand in front of me, staying calm as it walked closer, nuzzling its nose into my hand. I grinned and walked towards him, petting his fur. "Can you do me a favour?" I asked him and he, surprisingly, nodded. "Can you get me sticks?" I rose a branch and he nodded running off and coming back with loads of sticks on his back. I grinned and motioned him to follow me, walking towards my team where they froze in fear.

"Diana." I looked over to Courtney, tilting my head.

"What?"

"Behind you." She pointed and I looked behind me to see my bear which made me giggle.

"Don't worry. He won't hurt me, in fact he's helping us. See." He moved to the side to show the bunch of sticks that he balanced on his back. They smiled and Duncan bravely stood up, helping me take the sticks off the bears back.

"We need more wood!" Courtney yelled and Harold panicked, quickly throwing our paddles into the fire. I gaped while Bridgette yelled at him, Geoff standing up shaking his head behind her.

Soon a huge explosion of fire came from the other team and I watched as their fire grew big, resulting in them winning all thanks to Izzy. We walked back and Bridgette yelled at how we were going to go home when Izzy helped us.

"You guys could get someone to swim behind the boats and push them." I nodded, grinning at her in thanks.

"That might work." Geoff said after Izzy told us about what she did.

"We need someone big enough to push all the canoes back. Dj your the only one of us that is strong enough." Bridgette said, only for Geoff to interrupt.

"You can't ask him to do that, the dude can't swim."

"Geoff, I know you're friends but DJ's the only chance we've got."

"She's right." Agreed Courtney as she lifted up Harolds arm. "These skinny arms aren't going to cut it."

"I'll do it!" Volenteered Geoff only for Bridgette to protest.

"You can't swim with that kind of injury!" She clutched onto his shirt. "You're horibbly disfugired."

"I can do this, I have too." DJ bravely said, making me smile at his determination.

"That is one brave man!"

We put all our canoes onto of each other and I was brought into Duncan's lap. We cheered for DJ as he pushed the boats into the shore and began swimming, kicking his feet. We sped through the water and we landed on the shore, us winning.

"Have any glue?" Asked Bridgette as she stared at the broken heart thing Geoff made

"Have any glue?" Asked Bridgette as she stared at the broken heart thing Geoff made. I smiled as she cared but frowned at what Courteny said.

"Hah, I wouldn't waste my time trying to fix that." I shook my head and threw Bridegette the glue, smiling.

"Always come prepared."