VI

There was a loud bang at the door.

I quickly opened my eyes, unaware of what was going on. I could hear the others grumbling.

I could see guards everywhere with guns drawn. None of us seemed to be the least bit concerned with all of the men in the room.

Arianna began yelling at them in Italian as everyone began to become fully aware of the situation.

"Will you tell your fiancé to call off the dogs?" Francesca said to me

Mia was the first to stand and had a chipper smile.

"Well good thing they did come in. We have spa appointments." She informed us

Once the men could see that there was no threat or danger, they retreated, closing the broken door behind them.

I sat up and stretched before finding my duffel bag. I found the nearest bathroom and turned on the shower. My phone that was stuffed in my bag, had a forty percent battery and three missed calls from Giovanni. I didn't hesitate to call him back.

"Gesù Cristo! Dove sei stato?" (Jesus Christ! Where have you been?)

"We've been here the whole time." I explained, "Did you send them in here?"

"Well, you weren't answering your phone. No one was."

"We were sleeping."

"How was I supposed to know that?"

"Geez, Giovanni. I just got the girls to like me, now here you are messing it all up." I joked

"Tell everyone that I'm sorry."

"I think we would appreciate your apology even more if you bought us wine."

"Of course you would... How was last night?"

"Really great. We bonded and I've decided that I really like this group."

"That's good. They weren't too hard on you, were they? Especially Arianna?"

"No. And I love Arianna. We're just alike."

"Too much alike." He mumbled

"You love it. But I have to get ready, we have appointments."

"Could you remember that I'm your husband and give me a call sometime?"

"Wow it's only been twelve hours and you're already lost without me."

"Oh, shut up."

"Speaking of lost, how's the search coming along?"

"It's...great."

"Having some trouble?"

"Nope. I've got this all under control. Go to your spa thing. Call me later. I love you." He rushed off the phone

"I love you too." I chuckled before hanging up

He needed my help, but was too stubborn to admit it. I would deal with it once I made it back to New York.

I hopped in the shower and bathed quickly. I dressed myself in some comfortable yoga pants and a T-shirt. I wore flip flops so it would be easy to remove my shoes for the spa.

Once I was finished with brushing my teeth, I exited the bathroom. Gabi and Mia were missing from the bunch, but the rest of the girls were feeding their faces on room service.

"Did you tell Giovanni about himself?" Francesca asked

"Sure did. He sends his apologies and will be sending us wine."