XXVII

Don't forget to like and comment.

37 Weeks

I walked into the twins' room, inspecting everything. The walls were yellow, keeping the room bright and neutral. The room was nearly completed thanks to the baby shower where everyone supplied furniture, accessories, etc. The only thing missing were the cribs that were in their factory boxes waiting to be assembled. I sat in the rocking chair that was by the window to rest my feet for awhile.

Giovanni leaned against the door sill and watched me with his hands in his pockets. He looked as if he hadn't slept in days.

"When are you going to build the cribs?" I complained

"It's on my list." Giovanni answered

"The baby shower was two weeks ago and the babies are due any day now."

"I know. It'll get done." he assured me

"I could have my brother come over and help." I offered

"Sure." he nodded

I rose to my feet and made my way across the room. When I was directly in front of him, I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head on his chest.

After the trial, Giovanni was in a frenzy with his PR and marketing team about the revival of his image and the reputation of the investment company. I tried to help with handling the financial matters, but he wanted me to stay out of it since I was so close to giving birth.

He was gone all day and all night, reassuring investors in and out of the country. In order to remain wealthy, he has had to do some serious damage control. This in itself has led to his lack of sleep and constant stressing, especially since he was doing it alone.

Giorgio traveled to South America during Giovanni's trial and we hadn't seen him since. Communication was once minimal, but now it ceased to exist. The family was worried, but there wasn't much we could do without any information. I know Giovanni missed his brother, but his focus was on reviving the business. Once we had the resources to go find him, we would.

Giovanni apologizes to me every day for putting us through this situation and the only thing I can really do is support him.

"Everything will be fine." I told him

"I know. It's just a lot."

"At least we're together."

"Yeah, you're right." he sighed

I stepped away from him.

"Let's go take a dip in the pool. I heard it gets the babies moving."

I reached the nine month mark last week and decided to let the babies come on their own time. I was excited to meet them, but it made me nervous because of Giovanni's absence.

"If that's what you want." he replied

"Giovanni...I know it's hard for you, but we've been broke before."

"I'm not bringing my kids into this world without money."

"We've got money. Sure, it's not as much as we used to, but the house and the cars are paid off and we still have a lot leftover. We're not as bad off as you think."