The Rookie

(This isn't a xReader Story. My friend aubbey_  wanted me to write a story about Donut and a "made up" character, so this stories main character is actually my brother lol)

I'm brand stinking new at red base. Literally, I just got off the pelican and haven't even met my new team. I have no clue what's waiting for me on the other side of this...well there isn't a door so I guess I'll just say wall. I walk in and look around. There's someone sleeping on the couch, fully armored (except for his helmet) for some reason. Nobody else is in sight. "Umm excuse me, sir?" I lightly hit the guys cheek. He jolts up and knocks my hand away. "Who the hell are you?" He asks, obviously mad that I woke him. "I am Private Levi Weston, you can call me--" "Weston. I'll call you Weston since that's your last name. But for now, I'd rather just call you Rookie." Oh god, I hate being called that. "Whatever. Where's everyone else?" He shrugs, "Simmons, Sarge, and Lopez are...I don't know and I don't care. Donut is upstairs on the roof though." Donut? What type of name is that? "Who's the commanding officer?" He rolls his eyes. "Sarge, but he's off doing something with Simmons, the kissass, and Lopez, our robot." I nod and walk upstairs, obviously making him happier.
I get to the roof to see someone in pink armor standing there. Their helmets off. They have big blue eyes, and short blond hair. They're quite handsome, I must admit. "You must be Donut. I'm Private Levi Weston. Just call me Weston." I say, holding out my hand. Instead he pulls me in for a hug and giggles, "Welcome to the red team, Rookie." I take off my helmet and glare at him. "Don't. Call. Me. Rookie." He laughs and skips away. I can't help but smile as he leaves.

A Few Months Later

Me and Donut have become super close. Everyone else is super annoying and they don't get us. Me and Donut are a perfect fit. We have the same interests and everything. I think I might be in love with him...? Yeah I am. I didn't realize I was gay until I met him. Now he's all I want. We're sitting on the roof, while everyone else is sleeping. We decided that we'd go gaze at the stars. "You've been awfully quiet. What ya thinkin' 'bout?" He asks, turning to face me. We were both in sweatpants and t-shirts. No need for armor right now. I blush a bit and look at the ground. "Oh nothin'. Doesn't matter." I just realized that he's actual scooting closer to me. His hand brushes against mine. I can't help myself. I'm going for it. "Hey Donut?" I say, looking him in the eye. "Yeah?" He says. Turning to where we're fully facing each other. "I think I'm in love with you..." I say the words and immediately kiss him. He's surprised at first, but then he smiles against my lips and kisses me back. I pull away and he lays his head on my shoulder. He whispers, "I think I'm in love with you too..."
We spent the rest of the night giggling and cuddling under the stars.

Update: My brother did NOT like this. He absolutely hated it. "IM NOT GAY!!" He screamed at me as he tried to delete the story. My little brother laughed in the back ground absolutely loving every word in this oneshot.