Chapter 7

"Lena?" Kara said when she entered her office.
"Oh hey Kara" Lena said. "You here to tell me something"
"What do you mean?" Kara asked. She was confused.
"Kara you lied to me for months!" Lena said slightly raising her voice.
"Lena I told you I was sorry. And that I did it to protect you. " Kara said so quietly it was almost a whisper.
"You did. And you kissed me. I have no idea what to believe anymore." Lena said. Anger hinting in her voice.
"It's true."
"What part" Lena asked.
"All of it. I want to protect you and I wish I didn't have to lie to you and..."
"And what Kara" Lena said. This time she was nearing anger.
"And I love you Lena. I love you and I want to be with you. Not just now but forever. Not just as friend but as girlfriends and maybe wifes. I want to have a family with you. I want to hold you when we grow old. I want to be 6 feet down and next to you."
"Kara..." Lena started.
"Lena I'm not done" Kara hated it when people interrupted her. " please don't hate me. I just wanted to be loved by someone. Sure I have Alex, Hank, Winn and even James. But those are different. Those I can't come home to every night a kiss hello and make dinner. Alex is my sister and Hank. Well Hank is like a father to me. Winn and James. Those two they are my brothers and my bestfriends. So I can't be with them. I just want you Lena. Forever." Kara had tears slowly and quietly falling down her face. "And if you feel the same way about me you will join me to lunch. If not I understand Lena."
Lena started to give over to her desk. Kara thought it meant she was staying and she didn't feel the same way. But she was just grabbing her jacket and purse.
"Let's go." Lena said to Kara.