VII~ Ghostly visons.

I stayed by his side for a little while. He continued to cry and hugged me close. "It's okay. It's okay." I said. He soon started to calm down and looked up at me. I saw that smile. It was a smile of a broken man.....a broken child. It brought a smile to my face and I took off his mask without any real reason. At that moment, he lashed out at me. I fell back with the white mask in my hand. 

"What the hell was that for?!" He screamed at me. I caught a quick glance of his other half. He stomped away from me and when he reached the shore, he turned back to look at me.

Stranger than you dreamt it.

Can you even dare to look, or bear to think of me?

This loathsome gargoyle

Who burns in hell

But secretly yearns for heaven

Secretly, secretly

But Christine

Fear can turn to love

You'll learn to see

To find the man behind the monster

This repulsive carcass

Who seems a beast but secretly dreams of beauty

Secretly, secretly

Oh Christine.....

I felt his eyes stare into my soul. His breathing had become heavy. I slowly rose and approached the tall man. I looked back down at his mask. The white porcelain object glowed in the darkness of the room. I looked back up at the man and slowly handed him his mask back. He took it gently from me and turned around to put it back on. He then turned around and faced me. "You have quite angered me my dear but I have decided to spare your life. Like all the others." He said. He stood tall and walked past me. I watched him sit back down at his organ. Soon, he began playing another beautiful piece of work. I felt the surge of memories come back to me.

I closed my eyes and felt myself falling. Before I knew it, everything had gone silent. The world around me faded into darkness.

To be continued....

Song- Stranger than you dreamt it

Artist- Andrew Lloyd Webber

~Ghostly_Gary_13