XIV~ Demons

Once I opened my eyes, I found myself in a dark room. I groaned and saw a wooden door creak open. I see a bright light and my mother enters. "Hello darling." She greeted me with a smile. I sat up but felt chained down. "What is going on?" I asked her. "Darling, your journey isn't over just yet. There are many things left." She touched my cheek and I felt tears run down. I just wanted this nightmare to be over with. I just wanted to leave this deranged man. I began to cry but my mother wiped my tears away. "It'll be okay. Once he is released from his prison, he soon will be with the angels that once denied him." My mother said. She brought a sense of hope to me. Could I find this fallen angel peace?

I opened my eyes and touched my locket. I will not let you down. I vow silently inside my head. I crawl out of the bed and I see Aveline open the door. "Miss Daae, I have brought you breakfast." She suddenly dropped the sliver tray onto the floor and fainted. I knelt down by her side. "Aveline? Hello?" I begin to shake her but nothing happens. I decided to just give up and walk toward the mirror. Once I open it, I slowly close it behind me. I see the door burst open with Gerry. "Aveline!" He exclaims. He begins to shake the maid awake. I watch him for a short while. "I'm sorry Gerry. But it has to be done." I whispered. I turned around and a dark shadow leaped at me. It covered my mouth before I could scream and I had passed out.

When I first opened my eyes, I saw a strange shadow in the corner of the room. It was pitch black. The shadow slowly got toward me until I saw the eyes. Those piercing, glowing golden eyes. I gulped and began to fill with fear. His hand caressed my cheek. "Why do you do this to me?" His voice came out seductive. I noticed that his hand had no glove. "Oh my sweet.....sweet Christine." His hand began to run down my face and down to my waist. I saw a smirk spread across his face. "Why did you leave? Why did you leave me to drown in the darkness?" I felt uncomfortable. I closed my eyes and whispered to myself. Then, there were heavy footsteps up above. The shadow stopped and looked up at the ceiling. He looked down at me. "I'll be right back my dear." He turned around and disappeared.

I quickly got out of the bed and ran out of the cavern. I pulled a lever and jumped into the boat. I began to row the boat but all of a sudden a black figure appeared in front of me. The instant he appeared, the boat tilted over and I fell into the water. I quickly ran away from him and crawled up onto the shore. I turned around and saw him approaching me. "Please don't hurt me." My voice echoed off the walls. "Celia?" A voice said. I saw Gerry with a lantern by the gate.

The man froze and turned around. A creepy smile spread across his face. "Gerry! Run!" I called to him. The man ran toward Gerry and Gerry dropped the lantern. He began to run but the man appeared before Gerry. He kicked him into the water. He then wrapped a rope around his neck. I was scared but then, I saw a small white veil on the floor. I looked back at him then the veil. I took a deep breath and took it; placing it on my head. "Erik!" I yelled.

He looked up and as soon as he saw me, he dropped the rope. He stepped away from Gerry and walked toward me. I felt scared but knew I had power over him. A smile began to light up his face. "My sweet Christine. I can't believe you've come back to me." I pulled him in close for a kiss. He began to soften at the touch of our lips together. Gerry began to get up and pulled the rope away from his neck. He threw it into the water. The man turned his head around but I stopped him. I caressed his cheek and smiled at him. I then took my locket off and put it into his hand. He looked down at it and looked at me confused. He opened the locket and his eyes went wide. He collapsed into the water while just starting at the picture of my mother.

I walked away and ran to Gerry. He brought me close in for a hug. "Are you okay?" He asked. "Yeah. But I think we should be going." I said. We started to leave when I saw a bright light form from the mirror in the corner.

To be continued....