one

NOTE
It's come to my attention that I need to make something clear about this chapter:
During the Math lesson, the teacher asks Josh a question about Pythagoras. Now, I'm British, which means that our school system is different to America's, and even though this is set in America, I find it easier to write how and what I know. There are a lot of comments on that section talking about how it's younger grade's work. While that may be true in America, in England, while we're taking our GCSEs, we re-learn/revise everything we've done during the five years of High School. I don't know how they do it in America, but her that means, if I learnt something in year 7, I'll definitely be re-learning it in Year 11 (aka the last year of  High School AND the year we do our GCSEs), so that's why I added it in. Also, I'm also pretty certain it says 'Can anyone remember how to do this' not 'today we'll be learning how to do this'

❦ ✰ ❦ ✰

CHAPTER ONE

❦ ✰ ❦ ✰

"Just look at him, and his possey." Blythe heard Indi say, causing her to glance at where she was pointing; she watched as Josh Matthews strolled down the school corridor, his hand running through his hair, with his best mate next to him.

"I don't see what you like about him," Indi said, once he'd passed them, "I get that's he's hot and everything, but people like us could never get a boy like that. It just doesn't work that way."

"He isn't like the other guys on the team, though," Blythe shrugged. She unlocked her locker, and swapped the books from her bag with her Physic's and Math text books, "He actually talks to people with respect."

Indi opened her mouth to speak, but she was quickly interrupted by the tapping of high heels against the vinyl flooring.

Blythe smirked, while Indi rolled her eyes, as Cleo Valentine sauntered around the corner, "Unlike some people." Blythe muttered, shutting her locker with a slam.

"I actually hate her." Indi said, as the two best friends watched Cleo stroll past, the hubbub of the hallway was now now non-existent, "She's like an eel; slippery and can cause a sting up your-"

"Okay, Indi, your dislike for her is very clear to me." Blythe laughed, once the corridor became noisy again.

The ominous ringing of the school bell caused the two friends to grown in annoyance, before they interlocked their arms, and made their way to Math.

"Yes, Mr Pieters, the homework was due today, and no, your sister eating it is not an excuse-" Mr Giles said, once the girls had stepped into the classroom, "Everyone, take your seats, quickly!"

"I could never be a teacher," Indi muttered, sitting at one of the tables, Blythe on the chair next to her, "I hate children."

Blythe raised her eyebrow, "You are a child."

"Exactly."

Blythe shook her head at her best friend, before the class went silent as Mr Giles began talking about Pythagoras.

"Does anyone remember how to find the length of one of the missing sides of this triangle?" He asked, pointing at the right-angled triangle he had drawn in the board, "Josh?"

"A squared plus B squared equals C squared?" Josh questioned, looking through his notes.

Mr Giles smiled, "Correct, well done."

❦ ✰ ❦ ✰

"Why won't you come to the dance? It'll be fun!" Indi suggested, tugging at Blythe's arm.

Blythe shrugged, "Its just a room full of girls wearing tight dresses and boys wearing suits that they think they look good in."

"Josh will be there." Indi said, as Blythe walked around the kitchen, making them both drinks.

"Of course he'll be there. He's the captain of the soccer team," Blythe reminded her, handing Indi a glass of chocolate milk, "Why do you want to go so bad? You used to find them stupid."

"I still do, but you never know, I might meet someone." Indi shrugged. Blythe stared at her, before taking a sip of her milk.

"At a dance? I doubt it." She scoffed, before her mother walked into the kitchen, a nine year old Lindsey in tow.

"What do you doubt, B?" Hannah Jackson asked, looking at her daughter.

Blythe opened her mouth to speak, but Indi quickly interrupted, "She thinks I won't find anyone at a school dance."

Blythe's mother spun on her heels to face her eldest daughter, placing her hands on her hips, "You didn't tell me there was a school dance?"

Blythe rolled her eyes, "Because I don't want to go."

Lindsey glanced at her sister, her pink 3DS in her hand, before she tugged at Blythe's sleeve, "A dance? Like a Cinderella ball?"

Indi nodded at her question, and Lindsey gasped in excitement.

"Why not? It'll be fun." Her mother suggested, squeezing her daughter's shoulder in comfort.

Blythe bit her lip, "Look, even if I did go, I wouldn't have anything to wear and it's tomorrow tonight."

Hannah and Lindsey looked at each other, and smiled, before turning back to the two girls.

"We've got an idea," Blythe's mother said, gesturing for Blythe to follow her, "You can come too Indi, you'll want to see."

Blythe sighed, and took her sisters waiting hand, as they made their way upstairs, with Indi following close behind.

"We're going to make you look as pretty as a princess."

❦ ✰ ❦ ✰

I want to once again thank -notaes for letting me have this plot; I honestly hope I do it justice :)