eight

❦ ✰ ❦ ✰

CHAPTER EIGHT

❦ ✰ ❦ ✰

It took everything inside him to stop himself from running after Blythe, and instead watched as Indi followed her out of the house. He looked towards Cleo, who shrugged her shoulders in amusement. Josh knew she was enjoying this. This was what she wanted. This was why she'd been acting strange all night.

The room of students were still staring at him, as if waiting for him to react, to be angry, but the truth was, he wasn't. He wasn't angry. Sure, he was upset that Blythe hadn't told him that they'd danced together, but he couldn't understand why he didn't feel mad at her.

"Now that you know that your little friend was lying to you, why don't I show you what you've been missing?" Cleo smirked. She was now stood in front of Joshua, with her hands on her hips in attempt to flaunt herself at him. She noticed that he wasn't interested, and rolled her eyes, "She was no good for you anyway, Josh."

Josh raised his head and stared at Cleo, "I think you'll find that Blythe is 10 times the person you'll probably ever be, and you would probably have realised that if you weren't so interested in trying to get me to sleep with you, because quite frankly, Cleo, I'm not interested." Josh gushed out, before storming out of the room, leaving Cleo lost for words, for once.

Josh jogged out of the house, and stopped at the pavement, pausing to catch his breath.

"Josh?"

He turned around to see Blythe stood in front of him, her arms crossed across her chest, a concerned looked written on her face.

"Are you okay?" She asked him, and he chuckled slightly.

"I think I should ask you that question." He replied, smiling at her. He walked forward, holding his arm out, but she took a step backwards.

"I'm fine," Blythe muttered, turning her body away from him, "I think you should go back to the party."

"I'll go back, but only when you answer my question," He remarked. She turned back to him and raised her head, and he looked at her, "Why didn't you tell me that it was you I danced with?"

Blythe sighed, causing warm steam to leave her mouth due the cooler temperature of the night, "I thought that I wouldn't have to. I thought that I'd be able to spend one night being somebody else, and then go back to being me without anyone even caring, but then you had to ruin it by looking for me. Josh, why did you do that? Why didn't you just let me be a mystery?"

Josh's face scrunched up in confusion and hurt, "I wanted to find you. While we dancing, I felt some kind of connection with you that I haven't felt with anyone before. I didn't know what it was, and I still don't, but I knew that I had to find the mystery girl I was dancing with so that I could explore this feeling more," Josh ran his hand through his hair, "When Cleo told me she knew who my Cinderella was, I thought she was lying, as she has a tendency of doing that, but then when she invited you and Indi to the party, I knew that something was going on."

"What do you mean by that?" Blythe asked, taking a few more steps backwards.

Josh looked at her with confusion, "What?"

"You said that when she invited us to the party, you knew that something was going on. What are you saying? That we don't deserve to be at one of your stupid parties?" Blythe remarked, crossing her arms and turning her head to conceal her hurt from him.

"No, that's not what I meant, B-" Josh began, before he was interrupted by another voice.

"Really? Well, maybe now we know why I didn't tell you that it was me you were looking for, because it seems that you're not exactly Prince Charming yourself." Blythe shouted angrily at him, before she spotted Indi over his shoulder, "Good bye Joshua Matthews."

And with that, she walked away, leaving Josh wondering what the hell had just happened.

❦ ✰ ❦ ✰