ten

••••

[ pretend the song in the media part is written by Blythe and that the song Josh sings is written by him. And, I won't put the whole songs in, just parts of them.
FYI: Blythe sings Crush by David Archuleta and Josh sings Sad Song by We The Kings ]

❦ ✰ ❦ ✰

CHAPTER TEN

❦ ✰ ❦ ✰

After spending most of the night completing his music assignment, Joshua made his way into school that morning with a tired expression.

"Woah, dude. You okay?" Noah asked, as he found Josh standing in front of his locker, his body moving slowly due to his lack of energy.

Josh shook his head, "I was up all night writing my song," He replied, handing Noah a few sheets of paper with music notes and words written on them. Josh watched Noah's eyes scan over the paper, and bit his lip in anticipation, "Well? Do you think it will work?"

"Josh-" Noah began, before Josh interrupted him.

"I know what you're going to say. I'm stupid for risking my whole grade for her but I'm willing to risk anything if it means I can get her to talk to me again." Josh explained, and Noah sighed.

"Josh, this song, you're really laying down your emotions. Are you sure you want to do that?" Noah asked, and Josh nodded.

"Absolutely."

❦ ✰ ❦ ✰

"Now that everyone's finally arrived to lesson, I think we can begin showing the final assignments," Mr Knox said loudly, rubbing his hands together, "Now, who wants to volunteer first?" Everyone looked around, before a hand shot into the air, "Ah, Miss Jackson, take it away."

Josh sat up in his chair and his eyes followed Blythe as she made her way to the front of the class and sat down on the stool, her guitar placed on her lap, ready for her to play.

He watched as she cleared her throat, tucked her hair behind her ears and looked up at her fellow classmates, her eyes catching Josh's.

"I wrote this song before the person I wrote it about hurt me. You guys probably heard what happened on Saturday, and while it was my fault that I didn't tell him who I was, he made me feel small and worthless just by saying I didn't belong at that party. I went home that night and cried to myself, until I realised that what he'd said was unmeant. He said it out of confusion and hurt about what he'd just found out, and now that I've realised that, I guess this song is still true. I hope you like it." Blythe sighed, before she began to strum the chords of her guitar.

"I hung up the phone tonight,
Something happened for the first time,
It was a rush, what a rush.
'Cause the possibility
That you would ever feel the same way about me,
It's just too much, just too much."

As Blythe sang her song, she kept her eyes on Josh, who was listening to the lyrics. He watched as her gaze didn't falter once throughout the song.

"Do you ever think when you're all alone
All that we can be, where this thing can go?
Am I crazy or falling in love?
Is it real or just another crush?
Do you catch a breath when I look at you?
Are you holding back like the way you do?
'Cause I'm trying and trying to walk away
But I know this crush ain't goin' away-ay-ay-ay-ayy
Goin' away-ay-ay-ay-ayy."