two

Isabelle loved Astronomy. It was such a fascinating subject and she just couldn't help but be eager to learn every time she stepped through the doors to the classroom. The stars sang to her and the planets whispered her name. Isabelle could not fathom how someone could look at the universe and not be in love with it. She smiled up at Blaise for a moment then turned to enter the class.

Today was different. Her normal fascination was not there like it normally was, because a tall, dark skinned, chocolate eyed Slytherin had stepped into her world and was flipping it on its head. So Isabelle was too distracted to be captivated by her favorite class, distracted by Blaise. Blaise Zabini had broken in and stolen her attention.

The Hufflepuff girl was just so confused by Blaise Zabini. When he sat beside her in Potions he seemed regal, almost unapproachable despite his curiosity of her sketches and his speaking to her. Next she had overheard him speaking to Draco Malfoy in the corridor about his duty to become a Death Eater in the months to come, but she couldn't quite see him being a part of something so horrifying and terrible. Yet there was also the way he conversed with her. Blaise had seemed so human and open when they walked together, which was the source of her confusion. Isabelle could match his regal and aristocratic side with the Death Eater side if she tried hard enough, that's what people saw when they looked at Zabini anyway.

But people didn't see that he was human. People didn't see he was just another boy trying to come into himself. People only saw Blaise for the future his parents chose for him. That made her sad, because that's not him. Isabelle Thorne may not have known the boy long, but she could tell he was so much more than he was given credit for.

Isabelle fought to turn her thoughts back on Professor Sinastra's lesson and achieved it. Right as class ended. She rolled her eyes at herself for spending her entire class period thinking about the Slytherin boy as she packed up her things and exited the classroom. Isabelle was beyond thankful that the next class period was lunch and she would have that time to compose herself.

Lunch found Isabelle sitting by the lake under the shade tree eating a sand-which alone. She had considered going to the Great Hall and eating with her bestfriend Hannah Abbott at the Hufflepuff table like normal, but quickly decided against it. Her thoughts were still too confusing and she really needed to be alone. Isabelle loved spending time with people, friends for years or met two minutes ago, she loved having somebody around. It was comforting. But she needed alone time every once and a while, alone time that she usually spent sketching or deep in thought.

So there she sat, a pad of parchment on her crossed legs with her back against a tree, gazing at the rippling water. As she watched the water she thought it reflected her perfectly, literally and figuratively. The rippling water was peaceful on the surface, but with a closer look you could see that there was a murkiness there, a confusion. Isabelle decided she'd come back here the next time she needed to think. The poetic scene and its resemblance to her was everything she didn't know she needed.

Isabelle hurriedly finished her food and picked her quill up off the ground and smiled. She began to draw the lake for how she saw it. She wasn't sure she'd be capable of capturing all the beauty around her, but of course, she would try.

Blaise was entranced by the scene before him. It was so natural, so pure, and it had been a long time since he had seen something as innocent as this. He was standing behind the wide shade tree in front of the lake watching Isabelle, not in a creepy way just enthralled. She seemed so comfortable out here, surrounded by nature, lost in art. And Blaise had a feeling this could be the most beautiful thing he would ever see.

He had eaten his lunch in the Great Hall listening with half interest to Pansy's rants about Hermione Granger's tendency to be an "insufferable know-it-all" and how she "lacks personality". About ten minutes into the conversation he was completely disinterested so he quickly finished his food and dismissed himself to take a walk. Having roamed the corridors the period before, he didn't find them appealing. He went outside.

Blaise reached the lake and saw a small frame leaning against the tree. As he grew closer he noticed it was Isabelle and so he found himself hiding behind a tree watching her sketch. If he didn't think Isabelle was beautiful before, in a purely objective way of course, he surely did now. Her shoulder length brown locks curled around her face as she hunched over her sketch. And he could see her smile at her paper and scrunch her face up in concentration, it was cute, objectively. She would take time to look up and take in the nature around her then go back to work on her art.

Suddenly, Isabelle turned her head and saw Blaise standing on the other side of the tree. She let out a little squeak in surprise but smiled and waved him over. Blaise's dark skin flushed pink on the apples of his cheeks when he was caught but he joined Isabelle on the grass anyway. Sitting beside her he noticed that the yellow tie around her throat was no longer tied but hanging loose around her neck. He liked it like that, it made her seem less put together and more human. She smiled brightly at the girl.

"Hello," Isabelle greeted kindly, scooting over against the tree to make better room for the Slytherin.

"Hey Isabelle," he spoke as he took his seat beside the petite brunette, "I didn't mean to creep. I was just walking and noticed you were here, thought I'd come see what you were up to."

"I was just sketching."

"You do that a lot, don't you," Blaise asked her. He liked that about her, that she was capable of expressing herself in a way that made her and other people happy.

Isabelle nodded letting a small chuckle pass her lips, "It's an escape of sorts. A way to free what's inside you and portray what's around you." She blushed, worried she had said too much.

"That's beautiful, sure you aren't a poet too?"

"I draw poetry, not write it," Isabelle laughed, a real and genuine laugh that made something bubble up in Blaise's chest. The boy didn't think his tainted mind could conjure a worthy response Isabelle's beautiful words. So the pair sat in silence enjoying each-other's company and the gorgeous scene around them until it was time to go back to lessons.

This girl was under Blaise's skin and wasn't coming out anytime soon. Its not a good thing. Not a good thing at all. Blaise had plans for his future and he knew that if he continued to surround himself in Isabelle's light, his future would turn to shambles and he wouldn't even regret it. Blaise needed to get away from her while he still could. The problem, though, was that he didn't think he wanted to.

A.N. I feel that this chapter had a lot of potential in my mind but I am writing this on a long bus trip so I don't know if it lived up to it. Also if I titled this chapter it would be "Human".Anyway, thanks for your support and you reading my story, hope you enjoy!!!!!!! 💛💛💛