six

Draco Malfoy was not used to this.

He was making friends! Not those fake ones you get when you are the Slytherin Prince. No, real ones. And Isabelle was a Hufflepuff no less! That would not go over well if his family found out. The weird thing was, he didn't care, Isabelle's but not a push-over. She was becoming a good friend.

It had been a week since he punched Blaise and he was still in shock that he had done that. He was lucky that no one around was paying any attention, his reputation would be ruined. It had just come over him, the anger. When Isabelle told Blaise to leave and he didn't, the anger just came out of seemingly nowhere and he had a feeling that he had to protect her. Of course, he knew Blaise better than he knew almost anyone else so he knew Blaise would never ever hurt Isabelle. He saw the way Blaise looked at the girl, he would never hurt her.

It was weird for Draco to see Blaise like that. Blaise Zabini had always been Draco's closest friend and he knew all the details about Blaise. And if there was one thing he thought he knew for sure was that Blaise was a womanizer. He would pick girls up and break their hearts in seconds. And yet, out of all those girls, Draco had never seen Blaise look at one like he looked at Isabelle.

Oddly enough, he didn't think the other boy even had a clue. Draco honestly didn't think Blaise realized the depth of his feelings for Isabelle. And so, being the good friend he is, Draco decided not to mention it to Blaise.

The three of them had begun to form a tight knit trio. They walked together everywhere they went and sat together whenever possible. Draco wondered if this is what it felt like for Potter all of these years: to have two friends by his side through everything, two confidants. He was sure it must be. Draco just hoped he, and his friends, never had to endure what those three did. And now with something to compare it to, he had a new respect for all that Potter had done.

The trio they were forming was unable to be together this Hogsmeade weekend because Isabelle had some stupid girls weekend with her aunt and Hannah Abbott. It was all the better for his task though, he needed to get the poisoned gift to Dumbledore via someone else. But, even though he knew his duty, Draco secretly wished he could go to the girls weekend, get in some good gossip.

Isabelle was having a blast. Her aunt was far too busy for her taste so she rarely got to see her. Between Lupin and being an Auror, Isabelle understood, but it was still hard. She loved her Aunt Tonks so much.

Her mother, Genevieve, was the older sister of one Nymphadora Tonks and the two were very close. So of course Isabelle was close to Aunt T as well. Hannah also seemed to really adore Aunt T, but honestly who wouldn't? Her aunt was the best, she could change her appearance into anything on a whim for Merlin's sake. Plus fierce Hufflepuff girls gotta stick together.

They walked down the streets of Hogsmeade laughing and telling stories, it was so nice to have a get away. "Hey girls, let's go get some grub over at the Three Broomsticks," Aunt T said dragging the younger girls that way.

Once inside, they took a table in the back and ordered some lunch. Isabelle thought she was going to be able to avoid the "boy issue" as Hannah called it, uninformed as she was. However, Isabelle was wrong, because as soon as they got their food and got settled, the interrogation began.

"So Izzy, Hannah tells me you've been acting different and there is a boy?"

"I'm not acting different, Aunt T," Isabelle blushed.

"No of course you aren't, I made that part up. So there is a boy," Aunt T laughed.

"Merlin, you're good," Isabelle chuckled, looking between Hannah and her Aunt, "and the boy thing, isn't what you think. I promise it's not, he's just a friend."

"That's how it always starts... Anyway, spill!" Hannah squealed.

Isabelle glared at her, signaling that the girl needed to keep it down, before she put up a few muffling spells. Could never be too safe when keeping people from eavesdropping. She turned back to the table and sighed before speaking, "so I met him in Potions class..."

She began to tell the story about her and Blaise's, and now Draco's, friendship. She told them all of it, trying her hardest not to leave anything out. Isabelle was quite the honest person, her aunt and best friend deserved to know the truth. Isabelle wrapped up the story a while later to be met with stunned silence.

Eventually, Aunt T spoke, "so let me get this straight," Isabelle nodded, "you made friends with not one but two Death Eaters! As an Auror I'm concerned but as your Aunt I'm proud of you."

"You're proud?"

"And concerned, yes. Look, Isabelle, I'm so proud of how kind you are and your ability to see people for who they are. Yet, we have reasons to believe that Draco Malfoy is plotting something at Hogwarts."

A.N. sorry this is short but I really wanted to leave y'all hanging with this ending! Haha. Don't worry the next chapter should not be too far behind.