twelve

When it became time for school to start again, Draco Malfoy was ready. The seven story castle, with turrets and all, provided him a safe haven until he finished his task. A task he had no interest in whatsoever. Draco had friends in the castle that he did not wish to see dead on the Death Eater's path to Harry.

Harry. He never factored Harry into the equation with this plan or task of his. It was never an option. But now, the Gryffindor has stupidly gotten involved because of course. Harry had made friends with Draco, offered his friendship without ever having to ask. The Slytherin then realized that Harry didn't have to ask because it was already his.

Draco couldn't betray Harry. But betraying the Dark Lord wasn't really an option either. So Draco knew he had to think of something.

Isabelle Thorne was also very excited to have classes again. She was ready for everyone to be back in the castle. She was ready for the normality of school. But more than anything she was ready for her friends, mostly Blaise, to be back.

Blaise was the best part of everyday in Isabelle's world. He, who only saw himself as darkness, was a light. She had never witnessed Blaise do anything dark and she doubted she ever would. So at the beginning of the year when she had heard that he was going to take up the Dark Mark over Christmas break, she had her doubts. Isabelle, being as curious as she was, had to verify if this could possibly be true. Her opportunity came quite quickly as he had sat by her in class one day. Apparently it was true.

Isabelle had not paid much mind to that fact all year. She didn't care if Blaise took or didn't take the Mark, she only cared about who Blaise was. And he'd more than proven himself to be every bit as a amazing as she had expected. Blaise made Isabelle feel real.

Before, she had been fine. She had been happy in a delusional bubble, hidden behind her sketchbooks and oversized jumpers. Before Blaise, she was the type of girl no one noticed. So when the Slytherin came into her life and spoiled her with attention and honesty, it was a welcome change.

And in that moment, she realized just how deeply in love with Blaise Zabini she had fallen. Of course, she had known for quite some time now that she had feelings for him, but now it was as if her heartbeat was beating only for him.

A.N.
Don't kill me, I know it's been a month and this is super short but I'm so busy right now and have little to know inspiration for this. I will probably continue to have slow updates for a few months. Thanks for reading, love you.💛