four

Hannah ran into the dorm, cloak flying behind her. She was clearly either very excited or very angry. Knowing her, probably the former or maybe a mixture of both.

"Izzy! You have been acting like this for two and a half weeks, snap out of it!" the strawberry-blond snapped, "We are having a girls weekend and you are not allowed to say no."

"But Hannah..."

"Oh don't 'but Hannah' me, Isabelle Dora Rose Thorne. I know something is up with you and I refuse to just sit by and let you act all mopey," Hannah stated.

"Okay so a girls' weekend? What does that entail?" Isabelle questioned, giving in slightly, as she sat down on her bed.

Hannah marched over and sat beside her.

"I've called in a favor."

Isabelle rolled her big brown eyes, "Oh no."

"Aunt T. I've gotten permission from Professor Dumbledore to allow her to be our chaperone for the next weekend at Hogsmeade, which means we have more freedom than the other students!" Hannah squealed.

"Okay so you got my aunt to come here for a girls weekend. How did you even manage that? She's an Auror, busy all the time."

"I have my ways," Hannah grinned before exiting the dorm just as dramatically as she had entered.

Isabelle groaned and flopped back on her bed. She was, on one hand, excited for Aunt T to come. On the other hand though, she knew it would be harder to keep her secret from Hannah and Aunt T, than just from Hannah. Isabelle's mind was going crazy trying to keep everything inside. She'd been hiding this for too long. Then Isabelle realized she hadn't lost her mind, she knew exactly where it was.

The dungeons were more crowded than usual and Blaise Zabini did not particularly enjoy that. He found it to be utterly terrible if he were to be completely candid. He preferred quiet to loud. Solitude to Company. Well not total solitude, there were a few people whose company Blaise was willing to share. Like Draco or Pansy, Crabbe and Goyle. Or a certain Hufflepuff, his mind supplied. And yes, he did rather enjoy the company of Isabelle Thorne. She intrigued him. Though she clearly did not find Blaise so. She had been ignoring him for over two weeks. No, that's not right; she didn't ignore him, Isabelle just treated him with a cool indifference that rivaled that of Draco Malfoy or even the old Blaise.

And that's when he acknowledged that there was indeed an old Blaise.

He had changed. Maybe not for the better, but definitely for good. He owed it all to Isabelle. She had awaken a part of Blaise that was new. Well not new, it had always been there, but a part of himself that he had never dared to acknowledge. It was a soft spot. An Achilles' heel. It was kindness. It was hope. It was extremely yellow and happy. It was all very, very Hufflepuff.

The little Hufflepuff girl had only briefly been in his life, only a mark in the book, but she had changed him. She rewrote the book of Blaise Zabini.

Isabelle loved Astronomy and now she had altered the way that the stars aligned for Blaise. Fate was changed. And Blaise was going to write his own. He'd seal the deal on Christmas break, he'd become who he really was. He just had to make it that far without being supremely stupid.

Isabelle now sat in the library bored out of her mind. She didn't know how someone, or in this case two someones, could talk for an hour about Herbology. But Hannah and Neville were  definitely proving that it could be done.