fifteen

Harry felt a pain in his chest as if someone had stabbed him in the heart and twisted the knife. Every breath was labored and the sobs that wracked through his body in tumultuous waves  were horrific. His screams of terror at night were louder than ever before and they seemed to gargle in his throat, threatening to suffocate him.

It had been just over two weeks since Harry had found Draco lifeless on the floor. And needless to say, he hadn't been taking it well. Blaise and Isabelle were both completely miserable as well and they spent their time comforting each-other the whole way through. Hermione and Ron still couldn't quite grasp Harry's misery: he had explained to them just how close he'd grown to Draco and how his heart yearned for the boy. They tried to help, but they couldn't relate to his pain. Neville and Hannah had been showering him with hugs and affirmations, but it did little to ease his sorrow.

He just felt so robbed of so much. Harry and Draco had spent far too much time hating one another and not enough developing what they had discovered in the ashes of that hatred. The raven-haired Gryffindor felt truly and deeply at a loss. Draco held so much promise, he could've been incredible and he could have been Harry's. But now he couldn't be anything but dead.

Harry lay in his four-poster in the dorm and tried to sleep, but all he could see on the back of his eyelids was the image of Draco's pale- more so than usual- lifeless form. He saw himself walk up to Draco slowly, as if in a trance, and hold the man's body in his arms and sobbed. He watched his memories of that moment every time he closed his eyes and he probably always would.

Loosing Draco was like the final tick of an indecisive time bomb. Harry had lost so many people already. His parents, Cedric, Sirius, and now Draco; it wasn't fair. He'd experienced grief before but he was able to stay strong through it all, for the most part. But now, he was spiraling out of control in sadness.

Isabelle knew Harry was taking things hard, but she couldn't bare seeing him like that. Her friend was always so strong for everyone but now he'd been deeply hurt once again by a death far too soon and he'd cracked. Harry walked around in a zombie-like state, if he even left his dorm. Isabelle couldn't cope with that.

So she never left Blaise's side. He was obviously torn up by his long-time best friend's passing and Isabelle was too, but they found comfort in each-other. They fought through the grief as a unit, battled the sadness with their love for each other. The feelings that had been simmering inside them for so long now had finally bubbled over in the wake of tragedy.

She sat cuddled up into Blaise's side sniffling to herself while grasping the boy's hand tightly. He leaned his head down to rest it on top of Isabelle's. Blaise moves slightly to peck a kiss to the top of her head, smiling weakly. He wasn't okay, not even close after losing his best friend, but sitting there with Isabelle like this made him think he could be.

A.N. I hope you like this!! This could be the last chapter but I may write one more. But I'm fond of ending it with Blaise's thoughts here! Let me know what you think? 💛💛