Chapter Three

"What a nerve...." Maggie's face reflexively scrunched up. "Yeah, I guess..."
Maggie was... Interesting.... In a cliche story, she'd probably be your best friend who's constantly trying to get you laid. Instead though, she's just... Maggie.
She's short, compassionate, and sweet.... But sort of salty.
And there is no part of her thats boy crazy at all because she's gay.

"Sangwoo." She cringed. 

I'll admit, I don't really know the guy very well, but he can't possibly be THAT bad right?

'What do you know about him?" You questioned, as you starting twisting the lock to open up your locker.

"Other than being a total womanizer...? Nothing." 

You smiled slightly. "Just because someone's a bit flirty doesn't mean that they're an awful person." 

Maggie shook her head. "Look at him though..." She said as she motioned towards his direction. "He looks like a piece of grade A douche." 

You laughed.

"So, you aren't going to the library with him right?" She asked with a serious expression. The kind of expression that says, 'If you decide to go off to a study date with this man, I will completely disown you as a friend'.

"Well... It would help me pass the class I nee-"

"Hold that thought!" She interrupted you, and held a hand up. "Hold that thought, go over to the trash can, and throw it away...." She whispered. You sighed. "But, I do need the help if I ever want to work anywhere other than Hardee's my entire life!" You replied in exasperation, as you tossed your books into your locker. You bit your lip out of stress, and examined Sangwoo. 

Maybe I could. Maybe I could, and just won't tell Maggie.

"No.... I know that look..." Maggie pouted. "Please don't tell me your going... You know he's only going to hang out with you until you give him what he wants and he leaves..." 

That thought did occur to me, but 'what' he wants I don't exactly know. I mean, I'm not interested in him at all. 

"Well, I've gotta go squish!" She smiled lightly poking at your stomach, which irritated you slightly.  Your entire life, you had always been a bit chubbier than your friends. They tried to convince you it was cute by giving you cute nicknames to accompany it. 

Cute nicknames do not make me cute...

You frowned. You had never considered yourself 'cute'.

Squish...? Pfft. 

Your entire face burned red, realizing Sangwoo had been staring at you the entire time you had been examining your pudge. You looked the other way immediately, as he flashed you an amused grin. You could feel somebody pacing behind you.

Please don't be Sangwoo... Please... Please... Please don't be- Shit!

"Y/n...!" He smiled. This man had to be insane you thought. I mean, how can he be so friendly and enthusiastic about someone he doesn't even know...?

"Sangwoo..." You muttered your 'hello' awkwardly, followed by a small wave.  
"Are we still on for tomorrow?"  He asked, more politely this time. Maybe he was actually learning to chill out a bit. You sighed with hesitation. "Listen, about that... I don't think I can." 

His smile faded, and he seemed confused by something. 

"Why... Not?" He almost looked like an abandoned puppy with pleading eyes. 

And for a fraction of a second you felt bad for him, and you didn't know why. He was nice, had lots of friends, why was he picking on you?

"Because... We don't really know one another at all.... I mean, I feel like yesterday was the first time we had ever even talked." You explained, nicely trying to steer him away from the notion of cold hard rejection. 

His lips were pulled into a thin line, and his face was perplexed. 

But then like a light switch, he just switched back on.

"Oh, well alright! That's fine then, maybe when we know one another more!"

It was like somebody dropped a weight on your brain. How could he not get it?

"See you again soon!" He waved, and walked back over to his friends.

Sangwoo, was admired by everyone and he could get whatever he wanted with that you thought. Despite him being the star of everyone's show, you didn't exactly see the charisma. 

He's something else... Something else...