1

I press my hand against the glass. I look through the glass window. I see a little pink bundle with a tag on it with the last name, Dallas, on it. She's beautiful.

She's got her Mama's eyes and cute button nose. She has my muddy brown hair and chubby cheeks. She's perfect. I couldn't have asked for anyone else. I smile brightly and stare at her as she sleeps like a rock. She's mine, my perfectly beautiful daughter. She's not moving but I know she's alive, because I can see her tiny chest lift and drop as she breathes.

The nurse walks by." You can go see your wife now.".

I walk down the hallway towards the hospital room. I step into the room and look at Desserae. Her hair is in a messy bun and the dark circles under her eyes make her look tired. I sit on the edge of the bed and lightly brush her knuckles with my thumb.

She smiles and hugs me. We've been here for eight hours, I was about to pass out. I can only imagine how she felt. The nurse's heels click on the ground as she comes into the room, holding a little pink blanket.

She hands Desserae the pink blanket. Desserae waves her pinkie I front of the pink bundle. She presses it up to her face and smiles," She's perfect!". I smile and look at her up close. She lets out a soft sigh and opens up her eyes.

I quietly chuckle," She likes me.". " Well, she is your daughter. She should like you," Des jokes. I kiss her forehead.

" What should we name her?" I ask.

Des smiles," Eleanor and we can call her Ellie for short.". I smile," Perfect.". Eleanor yawns as I press my nose to hers.

" I'll watch Ellie while you sleep." I offer. Des nods her head and tries to fall asleep. I cradle Ellie in my arms. I rock her back and forth slowly. Dessera's long brown hair wraps around her waist as she sleeps.

I feel like I'm watching to perfect angels sleep. I have a new life, as a father. I've always wanted to be a father. Ellie is now part of my world. Who knew what Des and I were capable of. My life revolves around Ellie and Desserae.

I will do everything I my power to protect them. Desserea wakes up about an hour later. She sits up and smiles, noticing I'm talking Ellie. " Look who's awake, it's your Mommy." I whisper in her ear. Des smiles and reaches out her arms," Let me see Ellie.". I hand her Ellie, who is sound asleep.

She coddles Ellie and whispers in her ear. Des slightly clutches her tiny hand. Her squishy pink skin looks soft. I kiss Des lightly," We did good.". She smiles wit a tear rolling down her cheek," My life has never been more perfect.".

My phone buzzes. I pull it out. It's a text from Nash, 'Hey! How's it going?'.

I reply,'Good! She's six pounds and healthy. Des is fine also.'. I wait a minute for a reply,'Great! What's her name?'. 'Her name is Eleanor, but we call her Ellie.:)' I reply. I set my phone down and cuddle next to Desserea.

She puts her head on my shoulder. My life now feel complete.

_______

We're finally home. It's Ellie's first day home. She tends to open her eyes more often now. I can't believe she's almost one week old. I open the door of our small house.

When I open the door the lights are off," I can't see anything.". The lights flick on," SURPRISE!". I blink noticing Nash, Brent, Taylor, Matthew, Carter and their girlfriend or wife. Nash hugs me." Hey! Now where's the little sunspot?" he emphasizes. Des hands Ellie to Nash as the boys gather around. " She's so cute!" Taylor's girlfriend squeals.

I get everyone together and take a group picture of everybody with the baby.

She's wrapped in the same pink blanket I saw her in when she was first born. My phone rings. " I'm gonna take this." I say handing Ellie to Desserea.

I step outside, the air is crisp. I answer it," Hello?". " Is this Cameron Dallas?" the voice asks me. " Yes, who is this?".

" Cameron, it's Chris. Just listen to me for a moment. You need to hide everyone, NOW!" he says fast.

" What?! Why?!".

" Just do as I say! And make sure Desserea and the baby are hidden the best!".

I hang up and rush inside" Everyone needs to hide now!". Des paces towards me," Babe? What's going on?".

" Just stay hide and keep Ellie safe. Now please go hide in the trunk in the basement. Everyone else go hide in the basement.".

Everyone dashes around trying to find a hiding spot. Nash and I lock the doors and close the blinds.

I grab a baseball bat and stand looking through the peep hole. I hear a shatter upstairs. Nash and I dash up there. I see two guys in all black climbing through the window. I hit one of them with the bat. Nash pushes the other one out the window. I see the one I hit slip down the stairs.

I only have one instinct, save my family!