19

**Cameron's P.O.V.**

We drive down towards where we think Damian has Ellie and Desserea captured.

I look out the window, trying to distract myself, but it's not working.

"Nineteen more miles." Chris tells us. I sit next to him, in the passenger seat. Russ an Ellis sit in the back.

They make small talk, while Chris and I sit in total silence. "What happened to Kendall?" I brake the silence, wondering what happened to her.

"She's in jail now for illegal drugs, murder, and she copied an FBI agent's identity.".

"Wow, that sucks.".

"She deserves it, after all she's done." he shrugs.

This might sound crazy, but I wish Kendall wasn't arrested. We could've used her as a reference, and when ever she wouldn't help, we'd threaten to turn her into the cops.

"Cameron, don't worry. We're gonna save Ellie and Des." Chris can tell how worried I am.

"Okay," but I don't think I can believe him when he says that.

This has come too far. I wish everything could go back to how it was. Ellie's about two months and I've only held her a few times.

It's heart breaking. There's a difference between heart breaking and heart aching.

Something heart aching hurts you, while something heart breaking kills you. This isn't heart aching, it's heart breaking.

My daughter never got a life to live. Des never got to see her grow up. And I had to loose both of them.

What if they don't make it, but I do? What if none of us do?

I just wish we all were able to go back to our normal lives.

**Desserea's P.O.V.**

"Where is he?" Damian screams again.

"I don't know!" I cry, as Killer's grip gets tighter. The knife is now a centimeter from slicing up Ellie.

"I'm not lying!".

"Prove it!".

"How the hell do I prove it? Can't you just believe me?" I sob.

"Killer, crush her bones, I'll take care of this one." he glares down at Ellie.

"Please, no! Don't hurt her!" I cry, knowing my daughters death is nearing.

Ellie screams and cries, kicking her feet in the air. "If you two don't stop crying, I'll jab this knife into both you." he threatens us.

I take a deep breath and relax my shoulders. The dogs teeth tear my skin. Cameron, hurry.

Our fate is in his hands. He needs to get here, before it's too late. And so far, it seems too late.

Way too late. Not enough time goes around in this world. One day my daughters born, the next day she's in hiding, trying not to be killed.

Being Ellie must be hard, being me is hard. I can't imagine how being Daddy feels to Cameron.

Apparently this is very suspenseful, considering all your comments. I'm still debating on making a sequel. I guess I'll just play it by ear. Thank you for your votes and comments on the past few chapters! Please comment what you think might happen next!

-Rose🌹