5

This wasn't about me or anything else, its about saving my daughter and protecting my wife. They are my world.

Ellie is just a baby, and I already have to worry about her dying. I drive to the air port. I board the plane. Its quite small in here, but it'll do. The flight to Massachusetts isn't too long.

I pull out my phone and text Des.

To: Des

My flight leaves in a few minutes. Love you!

From: Cam

To: Cam

Okay, stay safe. I love you too!

From: Des

I close my eyes and try to fall asleep.

---

Des and I are lying in a meadow. A soft wind blows by, ruffling her soft sepia hair. The sweet aroma of sun flowers glistening in the sunlight, leaves a pleasure full odor.

Her eyes are glossy and tears stream down her face. "Des, what's wrong?" I ask while wiping a tear from her cheek.

She sniffles, and we flash into a graveyard.

The hard gravel beneath our feet flatten, as we step closer to a small slab of rock. I examine the slab, its a tomb stone.

It reads, Here lies Eleanor Dallas 2014 April 22nd- 2014 May 30th.

Des buries her head into my chest and utterly cries. A crimson droplet rolls down my cheek, as tear ducts release from my eyes.

She didn't live long enough. She was just a baby, and I was her horrible father. I tried everything to protect her, and I failed. They killed her.

Why not me instead? I'm less important, and she has a life to live. They did what I was most afraid of, they killed my daughter.

----

I wake up to somebody shaking my arm. "Excuse me, sir." a soft voice with a thick Boston accent said. I turned and saw a woman with Carmel hair and chilly-blue eyes.

"Sorry to wake you, but the plane just landed and its time to go." She quietly says.

"Oh, thank you for waking me.".

"No problem." she smiles. I stand up from my seat and follow the lady towards the exit.

"Wait, are you Cameron Dallas?" she asks.

"Yes.".

"I'm Kendall. Chris sent me to escort you to him." she shakes my hand.

Chris didn't mention sending somebody to escort me, but I guess I'll with Kendall. If anything bad happens, I carry pepper spray in my pocket.

I follow Kendall towards the parking lot, where I see a man with broad shoulders waiting. "Russ, this is Cameron." Kendall introduces.

"Pleasure to meet you," he shakes my hand firmly. Russ has a bald egg shaped head and almond shaped eyes with a hint of hazel to them.

_____

We drive off to a small house right off of the freeway.