14

"DESSEREA ANSWER ME!" I fight the coughing and croak, causing me to start coughing up blood.

The crimson substance escapes from my mouth. "H..e...l...p!" I stutter in between coughs of blood colts.

Chris rushes over to me. "Nurse!". The nurse comes running in, her messy bun flopping around on top of her head.

"What's wrong?" she asks.

"He can't breathe and he's coughing up blood." Chris speaks quickly. I feel like the air can't reach my lungs, as drops of blood shoot up from my throat.

My lungs fail, and I take one last breath. This is it, my last breath.

**Desserea's P.O.V.**

"Please don't do this," I whimper, tears streaming down my face as a man ties my arms to the arms of the chair.

"Damian has his orders." his voice scratchy, like a teacher running her long fingernails down a chalkboard.

The tears pour down my face. "Where's my daughter?".

"That will remain classified.".

"Please, you don't have to do this," I choke, knowing I can't do anything to save myself or Ellie.

"Cameron's gonna get here soon, and your going to loose.".

"Sweetheart, didn't anyone tell you?".

"Tell me what?".

"Cameron's dying in the hospital. His lungs are crushed and filling with blood, he'll be dead soon.". A sob escapes from the back of my throat.

The man smirks, his ecru hair dampens his ivory eyes. I hear a cry. "Sounds like Ellie's awake." he smirks.

"Don't you dare touch her!".

"Oh, I won't hurt her, but he will." he leaves the room with a devilish grin stretching from cheek to cheek.

"No!" I cry. "No!".

"No! No!" I can't stop saying it, no.

It's the only word that can come out of my mouth. Cam's probably dead, and Ellie is about to die.

I thought I had a normal life, but I was wrong.

Marring Cam and having Ellie were the best things that ever happened to me, but now it's about to fade into a dark and depressing end.

An end I would've never thought of. An end that's unpredictable.