38

[Lauren's point of view..]

I stood up from my seat and ran my hand through my hair. This view is killing me; Camila Cabello, my ex band mate, sitting alone at the bar.

I roamed my eyes around and looked for Ty, but as usual he's no where to be found. It's always been like this. We'll come together in one event, he'll tell everyone that i'm with him, then leave me as soon as he saw his buddies. And here i was, alone. Then suddenly this moment came. My eyes spotted this familiar Latina features. Even if she's facing her back on me, i know it's her. How can i forget that girl? We spent five years together. I know every inch of her. Now my eyes were glued to her, like everyone around me faded, all i can see is her. Only her.

I took a shot of my cocktail drink, i politely excused my self from my friends, before i started walking towards her, passing over a sea of people.

A felt a slight struck in my head. Fuck. The alcohol is starting to sink in. It's not right. I should back out. But the thought of her.. us inside this hall breathing the same air, excites me.

I don't know what to expect. Will she even look at me?

My heart is racing, my hands were shaking. This is crazy. I really dont know why am i doing this. But here i was, standing behind her.

I took a deep breath as i sat beside her. She was busy looking at her phone. It was at the corner part of the bar with only few people passing by, since everyone was on the dance floor.

I cleared my throat intentionally to get her attention. Camila raised her head and looked at me. She lifted her eyebrows, confused and quickly looked around us.

"H,-hi Camila.." I spoke.

She looked at me for a few seconds.
"Hi Lauren.." She answered. She smiled timidly then looked back at her gadget.

I'm lost. Why am i here again? I'm putting myself in alot of danger.

I sat silently beside her.

"Are you alone?" I spoke.
Finally words came out from my mouth.

"Right now, yes." She replied.
"But i have my crew with me. They're mingling around,"

"And you're just..here?"

"You know why i am here," Camila answered why glancing at me.

"Why?"

"I hate parties Lauren," She said.

I lifted my eyebrows and smiled at her. "Oh. Yeah.. Still?"

She nodded.
"I'm just here to perform one song,"

I nodded back and looked at her. I noticed that she changed alot, in the span of 12 months she had gotten more mature. Her looks, her aura, her body and even her voice.

"What can i get you miss?"
The bartender spoke.

"Vodka," I answered.
"C-,Camz? Do you want something?"

"Just a refill of my orange juice,"
She said while smiling.

"Alright, but you might get drunk!" The bartender joked.

Camila giggled.
"I don't mind," She said.

I found my self staring at her, admiring that cute laugh.  All of my memories with her, happy memories came back. Her deep brown eyes will never erase from that small spot in the back of my mind that holds all the memories I can’t bring myself to forget or remember completely. Her favorite song plays and it comes back in flashes like fireworks in my brain. All I can do to try to erase these memories is drink but even the vodka just makes me think of how she hated alcohol. She have completely and totally ruined me. And I love her.