The Second Sun

Meanwhile, Saeran ran to the nearest bus stop. He had never taken one on his own. He didn't know how it worked, but he tried anyway. He remembered something else that Yoosung had told him about his address or where he lived, and explained that to the driver. He, with some fear, agreed to take him.

His heart beat fast all the way.

Once he got off the bus he began to analyze his environment, looking for something that resembled what at some point Yoosung mentioned to him.

Where could that place be?

Saeran approached the few passers-by who were on the street to ask for directions, but they walked away, giving him a look of repulsion, as if he were a strange creature. He was already giving up when he heard someone calling him behind his back.

"Where do you want to go, boy?"

It was an old woman's voice. Saeran turned to look and noticed she was blind. That explained why she came to help him. He cleared his throat and tried to stay calm.

"Ah... I'm looking for a park, a small one. It's supposed to be near building 306, or something like that, but I can't find it..."

She seemed to understand immediately.

"You must follow the street that is in front of the building and then turn left. It is a small park, but has several trees. You'll find it right away."

His eyes brightened as he realized he was not that far away.

"... Thank you very much" he said in a friendly tone.

"You're welcome. Be happy..."

Saeran began to walk, and then something prompted him to turn to see the old woman. It was probably the last thing she said, so he felt it right to thank her once again... but she was gone. He didn't want to think about it too much and continued along the path she had pointed. Finally, in the distance, he saw a park full of trees, just as the old woman had described it. He paused to catch his breath and think of what to say when he saw Yoosung, and then it began to rain. He pulled on his coat's hood and ran to the park, until he was under the trees. The large size they had was perfect to block the rain.

His gaze went from here to there looking for Yoosung, but he didn't see him anywhere. Maybe he was gone because of the cold and the rain, or maybe...

"Was I wrong?" He murmured.

He began to get discouraged, although at that point a further disappointment was not a great thing. He was about to leave despite the rain, after all, there was nothing of interest for him in that park.

"Are you from the neighborhood? No one ever comes to this park, they say the area is dangerous at night."

That voice. That blessed voice.

Saeran contained his emotions and focused on figuring out where the voice that he had longed so much lately had come from but he couldn't find its location. He felt lucky to wear that hood, because Yoosung couldn't recognize him because of it. He had no other explanation for Yoosung to speak so naturally.

"No... I'm a little lost" he replied, trying to change his tone so it wouldn't be so obvious.

"Oh, I understand. You can wait for the rain to pass and then continue along that street near the playground, you would reach the avenue."

"... Thank you."

It was so strange to hear his voice again after all that happened, but at the same time, that sense of peace had returned just by hearing him speak for a few seconds. Although this time it was different, he felt too anxious. He wanted to see him.