chapter 3

Sasuke held Naruto against his chest with an arm, and his free hand's fingers tangled in his shining hair.

They were sitting on a hill which was seeing the fox village clearly, and they were watching the demons preparing a small arena for the duel between Sasuke and Neji. The wolves had been in the fox village for a few days now, and Sasuke could never guess that this would become such an important occasion. But then again, it was an Uchiha and Hyuuga fighting for an Uzumaki, so they had people coming to watch the duel from different villages.

Naruto squirmed a little in his arms, and Sasuke held him tighter.

"I'm sorry, baby," Sasuke whispered and kissed his mate's temple. "Soon, I'll make it go away."

As the days passed, Naruto was getting closer to his heat, and it was effecting him not so nicely. His body temperature had started increasing, and sometimes, he was having difficulty with leaving his bed, feeling sick all the time. And when he was in the village, he had other dominates watching him intently, so Sasuke didn't leave his mate's side even just for a second.

"Let's go back," Sasuke said, and Naruto nodded.

They walked back to the house hand in hand, and Sasuke glared at anyone who dared to look at his little fox's way.

Sasuke stopped suddenly as they entered the front yard, seeing his brother mounting his horse. They walked to the wolf lord's side together, and Sasuke grabbed his horse's reins.

"Be quick," Sasuke said simply.

Itachi sighed and rolled his eyes. He was going back to the wolf village to get his mate and son to witness the duel, and then the mating ceremony of Sasuke and Naruto.

"I have a baby son, and pregnant mate," Itachi reminded his brother. "I can't rush them."

"Itachi," Sasuke hissed. "My mate's heat getting closer and closer each second. We can't wait for a long time."

Itachi sighed again, and then gave a reassuring smile. "Worry not, I have already sent a messenger bird, they should be on the way already. I'll probably meet them halfway."

Sasuke nodded. "Okay then."

Itachi nodded at his brother, and then smiled at Naruto. "Take care of yourself, Naruto-kun."

Naruto smiled back, and nodded, and they stepped aside as Itachi took off with a couple of his warriors.

"Let's get inside," Sasuke squeezed his mate's small hand, and guided them inside.

Naruto panted with red cheeks, and didn't resist as Sasuke took him in his arms. Each passing day was worse than the previous one, and he didn't know if he could stand it when his heat actually hit him.

"It'll be fine," Sasuke whispered. "Soon, we'll be mated, and I'll take you to our village. Do you want to see the wolf village?" Sasuke asked, wanting to distract his mate.

It had been four days since Itachi left. The Hyuuga family had come to the fox village yesterday, and they were waiting for Uchiha family's arrival to start the duel between Sasuke and Neji.

Naruto nodded, and his hands worked, "I do… I want to go wherever Sasuke goes, by his side, as his mate."

Sasuke nodded with a soft smile. He had already learned the sign language with the help of his sharingan. "My mate," Sasuke whispered and inhaled his fox's intoxicating scent deeply. "I can't wait to show the world that you belong to me…"

Naruto blushed deeply, and nodded, and before he could say another thing, they heard loud voices coming from the hallway, and a second later the door of the room snapped open, revealing a widely smiling wolf child.