chapter 5

Sasuke started running at top speed. Naruto's scent was coming from the woods, so he headed towards the dark trees. There were a couple of dominants ahead of him, so he quickly changed his shape, ignoring the searing pain. He heard his clothes ripping apart, and a second later, he was running on his paws.

He howled sharply, warning other demons to turn back, but they paid him no heed. Growling dangerously, Sasuke jumped onto the fox demon before him, and grabbed his smaller form by his neck. The fox cried in pain, but Sasuke didn't hear any of it, and threw the fox against a tree. The demon let out a soft whimper, but didn't move, and Sasuke was sure that he had broken a few of his bones.

Next, Sasuke caught a dog demon. It had a brown fur, and it was smaller than a wolf but bigger than a fox, and he managed to bite Sasuke's leg. Sasuke growled with the stinging pain, but such a thing wouldn't be able to stop him. With a heavy paw, he hit the dog on the head, and then bit his throat quickly. The demon cried out in pain, and Sasuke felt the metallic taste of the blood of the dog in his mouth. With a disgusted noise, Sasuke threw the dead dog into a corner, and kept following Naruto's scent fastly.

Sasuke run deep into the forest, and he came to a sudden halt as he saw his Naruto. He was in the middle of a clearing, sitting down. He was completely naked, and he had his fox ears and his tail, and they were moving without stopping. His eyes were red, and Sasuke knew that Naruto wasn't exactly conscious. The scent Naruto emitted were blinding Sasuke's senses, and all he could think of was to claim Naruto then and there.

But there was another demon who was thinking the same things as Sasuke. A black panther was approaching Naruto from behind, and when Naruto sensed him, he turned back, and bared his small fangs to the big cat, warning him not to come closer. Seeing his mate in danger, Sasuke threw himself between the panther and his baby fox, and growled at the black cat.

The feline hissed at Sasuke, and hearing his mate purr behind him approvingly, Sasuke threw himself at the cat without a second thought. The panther was more of a challenge than the other demons Sasuke encountered, but he wouldn't be able to stop Sasuke no matter what. They fought for a while, not holding back, but Sasuke was the victorious one in the end, for he had managed to break off the tail of the panther. A demon's tail was his pride, and without it, they felt low and naked. So, it wasn't long before the panther demon got lost in the darkness of the forest silently.

Sasuke circled around the clearing, and howled loudly, warning other dominants not to come anymore. It was his right to claim his Naruto. When Sasuke was sure nobody was approaching, at least not at the moment, he turned back and faced Naruto.

He had one last obstacle to overcome. And it was Naruto himself.

With the last piece of his mind, Sasuke changed back to his human form –Naruto's allure was becoming too much to bear. Sasuke growled in pain, as he felt his bones cracking and changing their shape into a human's. Sasuke took a few deep breaths as he stood up on his two legs. He had a deep gash across his pale chest, and it was bleeding freely. He had nail marks, as well as bites everywhere, and he could say that he was sore, but what was disturbing him the most was the painfully hard erection between his legs.

Naruto was watching Sasuke's every move closely, interested in what the dominant would do next. And unexpectedly, Sasuke threw himself over Naruto to catch him off guard.

Naruto hissed and started kicking his legs as he tried to break free of Sasuke's grasp, but Sasuke only held on tighter.

To be able to mate, to be able to get accepted by Naruto, Sasuke had to fight Naruto, and win. Because Naruto wouldn't accept a mate who he didn't test himself. He wouldn't accept a mate who wouldn't be able to protect him and their children in the future.