Chapter 4

Naruto opened his eyes slowly. The birds were twitting outside of the window merrily, welcoming the first rays of the sun. He blinked a few times, and then yawned silently, and gasped softly as he realized where he was.

He was in the bed with Sasuke who had his head over Naruto's small chest, and holding onto him tightly. Naruto smiled with a soft blush, and then moved a little, so that he had an arm around Sasuke's waist, and his other hand tangled itself in his wolf's midnight hair. The locks were spiky, but soft, and Naruto liked touching them.

Naruto touched his mate's shoulder tentatively. It was wrapped with white bandages after getting stiches over his sword wound. Naruto held onto Sasuke tighter as the memory of his mate getting stabbed and nearly dying filled his mind… For Naruto. Naruto who couldn't speak. Naruto who depended on other people. Naruto who was still so young. Naruto who didn't know anything about the world. And yet, Naruto who loved his mate desperately.

Naruto smelled his dominant's addicting smell deeply, and kissed his forehead lingeringly. He smiled as he realized Sasuke wasn't waking up. Normally demons' keen senses wouldn't let them sleep beside other souls, but Sasuke slept without a flinch, meaning that he trusted his mate more than anyone. Naruto smiled at the thought, and a second later, he jumped in his place as the door to the room opened suddenly.

Sasuke woke with the sudden movement of Naruto, and blinked several times. He frowned as he saw Deidara at the door with a huge smile.

"What the fuck?" Sasuke asked, his voice raspy from sleep.

Quickly, Sasuke gathered Naruto in his arms, and covered his little form with the blanket, and held him against his chest tightly.

"Good morning!" Deidara said happily as he stepped inside.

"How dare you come to the room that my mate sleeps?" Sasuke hissed dangerously.

Deidara chuckled and waved a hand. "Oh please, Sasuke... Tonight is your mating ceremony, and I have to take Naruto with me!"

"Why?" Sasuke's frown got deeper, and he held his fox tighter.

Deidara sighed. "It's the tradition, Sasuke. I'll take the bride to the bath along with me."

"Sounds stupid," Sasuke mumbled and then looked down at Naruto, and couldn't help his smile. "Hey, baby…"

Naruto blushed brightly, and then smiled back, and mouthed, "Good morning."

"Morning," Sasuke whispered fondly as his hand stroked his love's shiny hair. "I guess I'll have to let you go."

Naruto nodded sadly, and they left the bed together. Naruto bit his lips as he saw his mate's naked upper body in bandages and bruises. With a shaky hand, Naruto caressed his love's side with blurry eyes.

"They don't hurt," Sasuke said quickly, and leaned over to adjust Naruto's yukata. He pulled the two sides together tightly, and tied his obi again, hiding his mate's body with a strange jealously.

Naruto smiled softly, loving the possessiveness of his mate, and raised on his tiptoes to give him a kiss on the cheek.

"That's enough lovebirds!" Deidara said loudly, and then grabbing Naruto's hand, he dragged him out of the room. "You two can't see each other till the ceremony."

Sasuke let out a frustrated sigh.

"Sasuke please go back to bed," Naruto said. "You should get more rest."

"Okay, love, you don't worry about me," Sasuke said and waved a hand after his mate. "And try to have fun."

Naruto nodded, and smiled at his mate, and let Deidara guide him wherever he wanted.