First

The dark clouds which brought heavy rains have shifted sluggishly to the nearby town, an aesthetic rainbow replacing the skies. The sun scintillated the clouds as it gave enough heat to dry the roads and houses' roofs. A droplet sparkled before it finally fell off from a beautiful flower's petal.

As she was humming the tune of the music she was listening through her earphones, Cherub avoided water puddles by the streets, afraid of getting her white sneakers dirty. She walked confidently, ignoring the stares she was getting by the bypassers who were astonished of her angelic aura and face. Although it was uncomfortable for her most of the times, she was still trying to get used to it. She has got her mother's features anyways so she has to blame her in the next life. In fact, her mother named her after her looks which resembles a little angel when she was born, hours before she died due to fatigue.

Cherub didn't get a chance to know and see her father so her grandma kept her when her mother died. But eventually, she has also left Cherub when she was 15 and joined her mother in the heaven. She has been living independently for 6 years already. Standing up for her own to reach her dream as an aspiring writer, she was striving really hard.

Cherub stopped walking abruptly, her brows knitting as she glared at the person who playfully pulled the back of her hoodie, revealing her jet black hair,  which was falling freely to her shoulders, her fringe bouncing against her brows.

"Yow! What's up, girl!" Her bestfriend greeted her with a full smile on her lips but Cherub continued on glaring at her which she just shrugged off.

"Seriously?! You don't have to remove my hoodie, crazy woman." She  uttered, rolling her eyes at her own bestfriend. She then wore her hoodie again and continued on walking, leaving her bestfriend dumbfounded.

She cooed as she followed her. "Woah~ Someone's having a bad day eh?"

"Not until I saw your face."

"Don't worry. My day has just ruined the moment I saw you walking before me." Her bestfriend spat back.

"Yeah." They both chuckled.

"Funny how you look so angelic and how your name sounds but your attitude says otherwise." She commented which Cherub has grinned at her.

"Same to you. Funny how bright your name is when your attitude says otherwise as well, Shine." Cherub giggled.

"Well that was how we became bestfriends."

"Indeed."

"So what are you going to do for today?" Shine asked, softly pulling her bestfriend to the sideway since she was walking unconsciously towards the street alreaady.

"I don't know... Read or watch maybe?" She shrugged, pulling one of her earphones.

"Aren't you going to write? Hey! I'm still waiting for the book you were writing!" Shine exclaimed, playfully hitting Cherub's arm.

She chuckled. "I'm having an author's block. I need some motivation for today."

"How about we have a movie marathon?" Her bestfriend suggested, grinning from ear to ear.

"Well that sounds great!"

Shine giggled. "Resident Evil; The Final Chapter?"

"Underworld?"

"Doctor Strange?"

"Fallen?"

"Fantastic Beasts?"

"Okay! Let's spend the day watching those!" Cherub concluded.

"Leggo!~" Shine excitingly said as they ran together but being a clumsy human she was, Shine tripped on a rock, wounding her left knee.