Seventh

Yuan jolted upright on his bed, throwing the blanket to his side. He tried to stretch his shouder to spread his wings, only to realize that they were right, it's gone.

"No way. It can't be." He groaned, hopping off the bed.

He stretched his arms and tried to summon a ball of light but eventually, he failed. Cherub watched him groan frustratedly as they almost fell back when they heard a loud banging of the door.

"That's the evil." Cherub huffed. "But what's happening to Yuan?"

"His wings are gone and so are his powers." Salve stated. "Yuan might have broken a rule that caused God to take his wings away."

"W-what?" The summoner spoke breathlessly. "Does that mean-- he's an ordinary person now?"

"He still has the roots. I can see it in his eyes."

"So how can we help him get his wings back?" Cherub asked but Christian interfered, his forehead creasing in panic.

"Guys, we can't stay here for long. The door's breaking."

Cherub and Salve watched at how Yuan stripped his shirt off. He bent his arms to touch his bare back, but even the summoner was surprised that his back didn't have any marks indicating his wings, only his tattoo which stopped on glowing.

"It's a black evil, one of Lucifer's servant. It'll be definitely hard for Christian to fight it alone." Salve stated, looking at the door's lock which was about to break. "Yuan could overpower it easily."

"But he doesn't have his wings!" Christian exclaimed, readying a thunderbolt in his palm, just in case the evil gets to attack out of a sudden.

"We don't have time. We need to escape for now." Cherub breathed out, her heart's pace increasing as she hears the breaking of the door.

She ran to the big windows and looked out, seeing a parked car in the garage.

"We need to go down and escape using the car. I can drive." Cherub uttered. "Christian, I guess we need your help for us to get down there since we can't just jump from here."

Christian creased his eyebrows, looking out of the window. "Won't it be time consuming if I carry you all one by one?" He questioned, turning to Yuan. "Yuan, we can just teleport--"

"He doesn't have his powers!" Cherub exclaimed infuriatedly, knocking out his senses.

"Oh. Sorry--" He was cut off when they flinched by a blast.

They all turned to the door and saw it broken, the evil appearing by the big hole he created after a thick black smoke subsided.

"Chris! Fly and take Cherub away from here!" Yuan shouted, his arms ready for defense.

The Angel of the Tempest had nothing to do but to follow what Yuan said. He spread his wings and took Cherub away of the room, putting her down to the garage.

Just as her foot touched the ground, they both turned in chorus back to the room when they heard a loud groan together with the breaking of the things.

"Yuan." Cherub worriedly mumbled.

"Stay here. I'll head back there." Christian told her and she gave him a nod before he flew back to the room.

The growling of the evil like a starving wolf and a sight of Yuan being defenseless as he laid barely conscious by the corner of the room welcomed Christian's sight.

He landed by the window frame and folded his wings, jumping down the floor and scurrying towards the another angel.

"Yuan. Yuan!" Christian tried to keep his consciousness as he received a groan from him. "Thank God. Wait, I'll bring to Cherub so she could heal you--"