Sixth

A/N: I'm back! I really am sorry for the late update ;-; I wanted to publish this during my birthday but I wasn't able to make it since I was too busy entertaining my guests. Lol. So yeah, I really apologize for the wait. And don't think about me abandoning this book because I'll finish this no matter what happen^^ I hope you like this update. Thank you ❤

~*~

Christian watched at how Justin squatted beside Yuan who was sleeping. He caressed his wings, admiring at how soft and how beautiful it glew under the sunlight. Grinning, he picked a single feather that made Yuan scowl in surprise.

"What do you think you're doing?" He grunted, his wings losing its glow.

Justin was surprised at how he reacted so he dropped his head low in shame. "I'm sorry." He apologized.

Yuan just rolled his eyes as Cherub patted his shoulder to calm him down. He snatched his feather that was still in Justin's fingers and threw it to a snake that was nearing them silently. The feather pierced the snake's body as it turned into ashes in a matter of seconds.

Justin was even more amused at what he just witnessed. He closed his agaped mouth and blinked once, turning to Christian and Cherub who were watching him all the time.

"I... actually can do some weird things." He uttered.

"Like what?" Cherub asked.

Justin exhaled and sat on the grass with his legs crossed. He dropped his head low and with his bare eyes, he made a small sinkhole on the ground.

Cherub was amazed at how he was able to use his ability even without his wings. Christian peeked at how deep it was as Justin closed it effortlessly.

"You never told me before about this." Christian mumbled to him, his eyes narrowing.

"I just knew this recently." He answered. "After the day I felt something weird inside me."

"What exactly?" Cherub queried.

"I felt the tattoo in my back heating up, the same time when I heard someone's voice in my mind. After that, my back hurt really bad. It only subsided after few hours." He stated.

"I'm sure the other angels felt that too." Christian commented.

"His body's already aware of the roots but it isn't fully grown." Salve stated, appearing beside Yuan who was already fast asleep. His wings totally losing its glow despite of being under the sunlight.

"So we have to find out what triggers the roots to not grow?" Cherub asked and Salve nodded.

"Justin!"

They turned back in sync and saw an old lady who called Justin out. He hurriedly stood up from his position and bowed to them.

"I have to go now." He uttered quickly and scurried away.

~*~

The leaves were ruffling against the blowing of the wind, creating a beautiful music in people's ears. The bright skies shone against the trees' glory making it sparkle glamorously. The chirping of the birds created a calming melody together with the sound of the nature.

Hopping off a traditional car they were riding, Cherub's agape mouth showed how she was in awe seeing a huge pair of golden gate before her.

"Hey, woman. Get back in." Yuan uttered from inside.

"Oh sorry." She chuckled awkwardly, scratching her head. "I was excited."

Christian and Justin giggled at how Cherub scurried back in her seat. Just then, the gates opened as it welcomed them inside an enormous villa. The car drove around a big water fountain that had a statue of a winged woman holding a jar that poured water in the middle of it.