Chapter 19

Y/N POV

The next time I saw Peter he had that annoying arrogant smirk on his face. I had broken things off with Baelfire and was avoiding both of them. Or trying to at least. Peter kept popping up in all the places I went. I slept on a makeshift bed so I wouldn't have to share a tent with Peter. Theres no way in hell I was going to talk to him. I'll avoid him as long as I can.

I was currently sharpening my dagger and I heard a branch crack behind me. I turned around with my dagger raised ready to hurt whoever it was. "Whoa, whoa, whoa it's me!" I put my dagger down. "Damn it Peter don't do that! I almost killed you." He did that annoyingly attractive smirk of his and scoffed. "As if you could kill me."

I narrowed my eyes at him and said. "Is that a challenge?" He stepped back and opened his arms as if to say Take a shot at it. I flipped the dagger around so the point was facing him. I moved towards him and went to aim it at his chest but he swiftly grabbed my wrist and turned me around. My back was against his chest. It all happened so quickly. My dagger ended up on the forest floor and I was in his arms. He turned me around to face him.

"Why are you avoiding me?"

"What are you keeping from me?"

We asked our questions at the same time. I sighed and stepped away from his hold on me. "I'm avoiding you because I know I don't mean anything to you. I know I'll just be another rung on your ladder of girls." I looked up at Peter and his face was expressionless but his eyes were filled with emotion. "Alright I answered your question now answer mine."

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair before speaking. "You and I have met before. We're supposed to be in love with each other but theres a curse that causes us to keep losing each other."

I didn't know what to think. I didn't know what to say. So I did what I do best. I ran. I ran until I ended up in a dark place. There were shadows everywhere. I guess they're the shadows of the people Pans shadow killed. Maybe I could get home that way. Provided Peter doesn't find out of course. I just have to make a deal.

Here's the update to the story! I'm sorry it took so long!!